XII. Sa Susunod na Habang Buhay

Colet's POV

It was already late in the evening and I was sitting comfortably on one of the couch of my favorite coffee shop. I was waiting for someone to come back from the comfort room when two girls approached me from the side to have a photo opportunity with me. Though tired, I welcomed them and gave them the best smile I can give.

What can I do, I was after all the Colet Vergara, a PPop Idol of a well-known girl group. When they finally left, I let out a sigh and stood up. Mukhang hindi na siya darating. I was about to leave when I noticed a flicker of light around the corner.

Camera.

I shook my head and just ignored it because I know who, rather than what, it was. I decided to walk my way home instead of calling my driver to fetch me.

I was halfway home when I heard a clicking sound again. The sound became louder as if it was coming closer to me. I turned my head around the street to find where the sound was coming and noticed a figure hiding on a light post near me. I was about to approach the figure when I heard the sound again and flashes of light blinded me for a moment.

I put my hand on my face to protect my eyes from the blinding light. "Hey, please stop that." I begged.

The figure finally came out of her hiding place, and was revealed to be a lady giggling adorably.

"Why? I love taking pictures of you!" Jhoanna said.

"What are you, a paparazzi?" I sounded like I was really pissed off.

She just laughed at my expression, "Haha! No, I'm your biggest fan, Miss."

"Funny." I said sarcastically, then I looked at her again. "Come here."

She was smiling from ear to ear when she walked to me. When she was finally standing in front of me, I reached for her face and held it in between my hands.

While my thumb was caressing her cheek, I leaned in and pressed my lips softly against hers.

She broke the kiss after a short while and said, "You know I'd always be the one following you around, Col."

She smiled at me, lifted her lens again and clicked away. "Argh... BABY!!!" I yelled at her.

But then, she just ran away while laughing. She ran fast and I chased after her. I kept on running until my eyes couldn't see her anymore. She disappeared in the thin air.

And that's when I heard my friends calling for me. They're trying so hard to make their breathing steady. Did they all ran after me too?

Mikha approached me and hugged me tight.
"Colet, we're here. You can tell us everything." she calmly said, still not pulling away from our hug.

"Huh? What are you guys talking about?" I asked them.

Stacey and Sheena broke down, they're know sitting on the ground while crying. Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. From a daylight scenario into a nightmare.

"Col, we saw you talking to yourself while holding Jhoanna's camera." Aiah said in between her sobs. "Are you okay?"

"What? I was with her. We celebrate our anniversary. She was taking pictures of me but she ran away and disappeared. We were joking around." I told them.

"Colet, please remember everything that has happened." Gwen held my shoulders and looked at me straight to the eye.

And that's when a lost memory appeared. Our anniversary, our supposedly meet up at the coffee shop, her driving too fast just to see me on time, the accident, and the news about her rushing to the emergency room. The cries of family and hers, her coffin, her tomb, and my eulogy.

"Colet, today is Jhoanna's first year death anniversary." Maloi told me.

And as soon as I closed my eyes, I saw her again. But this time, she's wearing a white dress.

Ang ganda-ganda mo, mahal ko.

She smiled at me and spoke, "Mahal, tama na. Oras na para patawarin mo ang sarili mo at palayain ako. Hindi mo kasalanang hindi ako nakarating sa'yo noong gabing iyon. You deserve to be happy even without me, Colet. Alam kong mahirap pero dapat kayanin mo. Patuloy kang magiging parte ng buhay ko. Mahal na mahal kita at aantayin kita sa susunod na habang buhay."