XVIII: I Fell In Love With My Best Friend

Mikha and Aiah: in the eyes of their dearest friend, Colet, who sees the truth between them. 

---

Aiah, Maloi, Gwen, Stacey, Mikha, Jhoanna, Sheena, and I have been friends for almost half our lives. Countless moments together. We were there to witness each other's tears, milestones, and even heartbreaks.

Literally and figuratively, we saw each other grow.

The connection we have established doesn't require us to be together at all times. Sometimes it takes weeks or even months for us to do so. But, that doesn't mean we're not friends anymore. BINI is BINI.

However, I will admit, I miss the days where seeing each other was a daily thing. As much as I understand that we have our own lives, it wouldn't hurt to borrow some of their time, right?

Well, Mikha lives beside my condo unit. Aiah, we share the same company, so we do see each other every day, but it's not the same as it was.

---

"Col," Aiah called me while I was devouring this sandwich I made for merienda. 

"Oh"

"Cold naman neto," she rolled her eyes at me.

"Kumakain ako, hindi ba?"

"Col, kasi ..."

"Ano ba kasi 'yon, Aiah?"

"Si Mikha ..."

"Si Mikha na naman." I complained. Aiah is always like this, always thinking about Mikha. It's like her mind is occupied with only one thing, and that is Mikha.

"I haven't talked to her since," she stopped. Mikha hasn't talked to her since last night, when she saw Aiah and Gelo kissing.

"Since when?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

As I examined her face, tears were threatening to stream down her eyes, "since she saw us."

I love Mikha and Aiah. I do. But, sometimes, it's tiring to see them like this.

If I could tell them that they love each other differently, I would do it. Yet, it's not that easy.

Nothing is easy when two best friends have secretly fallen in love with each other but don't have the guts to fight for what I believe is a worthwhile relationship.

"Message her. For sure, magrereply 'yon." I suggested, but to be honest, I am not confident that she would want to talk to Aiah, considering what she saw.

"I don't want to, Col. I'm scared." I shook my head in disappointment. If one thing is consistent with Aiah, it's her cowardice towards Mikha.