ೋღ 🥀 ღೋ Chapter 22 ღ 🥀 ღೋ

Beginne am Anfang

You hesitated momentarily before speaking to your mother about your feelings for Namjoon. "Mom, I... I think I'm in love with him, but...I think he still loves his ex-girlfriend.  She is an American architect, and she is such a beauty. I look like a washout rag next to her---" you confessed, your voice trembling with emotion. Thinking about her with your Joon gave you sleepless nights.

Your mother listened patiently, offering words of wisdom and comfort. "You deserve someone who loves you for who you are, Frosty. Don't settle for anything less," she reminded you, her love and support unwavering.

Tears welled in your eyes as you thanked your mother for her advice. "I just wish things were different, Mom. I wish Namjoon felt the same way about me. I want him to choose me," you admitted, your heart heavy with longing.

"Oh, bambino. You can't hurry, love. I made a huge blunder in my life, loving someone who was married and didn't care about me that much. Maybe it's just your young girl's infatuation. It will soon blow over when you come home."

She gave you some endearing words, promising you that you'll go on a small cruise and vacation for a few days in Rome when she's back from her assignments.

Her words echoed in your mind as you hung up the phone, a sense of clarity washing over you. "Maybe it's time for me to focus on myself for a while," you mused, the weight of unrequited love slowly lifting from your shoulders.

You plopped down on the sofa and wiped your tired eyes.

Chiji, your cousin, sat down beside you, concern etched on her face. "Frosty, you must tell Mr Kim NamJoon how you truly feel. He might feel the same way about you," she urged, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.

But you shook your head, your expression pained. "Chiji, Joon already made it clear that he can only offer friendship," you admitted, your voice tinged with sadness.

As you sat there, memories of your passionate make-out sessions flooded your mind—the stolen kisses in the park, the heated moments in the hallway at your house, and the intimate encounters on the luxurious yacht. You longed to be with him again, just once, but you sighed, knowing it may never happen.

It had been three days since you last heard from Joon. His short message lingered in your mind, leaving you with uncertainty. "Did he listen to his strict mom and end our friendship? Or did he reconcile with Celina?" you wondered, furrowing your brows in frustration.

You couldn't shake the feeling of abandonment as you thought about the days without him. "I miss him so much," you whispered, feeling a pang of longing in your heart.

Then, your phone buzzed, breaking you're lost-in-thought state.

It was a message from Joon.

Hi, Frosty Flakes. I miss you, but talk to you later. I'm swamped with work and might not see you for a few days... Stay safe and out of trouble.

KNJ

PS: I haven't forgotten about our bucket list. We still have nine items on the list, and then we finish our 30-step bucket list.

Your heart skipped a beat as you read his words, feeling a mix of emotions wash over you. "He misses me," you thought, a flicker of hope igniting.

But as the days passed without seeing him, you couldn't help but feel anxious. "How will I cope for another couple of days without him?" You wondered, missing their laughter and adventures together more than ever.

......