Gala Part.3

~|| CHAPTER 16 ||~

"Whatever happens between me and any member of the Saxena family is not your problem. This is my relationship with them. And especially, Raima. We love fighting like cats and dogs. That's what we do. Don't stress over me, Anaisha. You know me. Do you really think these people can ever faze me? No. They can't and never will. Calm down." Aahana answered without a care in the world.

Anaisha bobbed her head down in obedience and didn't utter anything after that. Her mind was in shackles. When it came to her sister, she saw no sense. For her, Aahana Di can never be wrong. Never.

Then, she stared at Aahana and uttered, "But, Raima Di was rude. And mean. And I didn't like that at all. You didn't even say anything after that. You didn't even defend yourself."

"And you don't know why?"

"No, I don't."

"Anaisha, I'm a hundred percent sure that you know why. I hate conflict. I hate extending it more than needed. Raima was angry on me and she said some words. To me, keep that in mind. These things have long since mattered to me, Anaisha. And I don't want to them to matter to you, either."

Anaisha gazed at her sister in sympathy and confusion.

"At times, I'm seriously concerned for you. What have these people done to your head?"

"They didn't do anything to my head. But they did teach me one important lesson: There is no one for you except yourself. I will never forget and now that you know, you don't either."

Aahana was done with the conversation. She and Raima were always like this. Their thoughts were pretty similar but their personalities always found ways to clash with each other.

But, Anaisha wasn't used to this. Her sister was the sweetest yet strongest person she knew. A combination that is usually never heard. With time, maybe she will learn as to why she was like this. What caused me to change? She will soon know it all.

~_~

A round of applause was heard collectively in the room as the host of the party announced something.

The Saxena brothers, however, shared a different expression from the others. Rudra had his love out and was busy typing e-mails to God-knows-whom. Abheer looked as bored as he could muster. Adhir was busy inhaling all the various food being presented to him. And last, the youngest brother was busy sipping his whiskey-on-the-rocks in the largest yet slowest gulps ever.

Now one would wonder why are these men so sad and detached from the event. Well, they didn't have their respective wives with them. Not in the romantic way, but in the I'm-bored-and-I-want-to-irritate-someone way. That's something that the brothers felt a lot. Mischief was always up their nose.

Reyansh and Abheer kept looking behind their backs to check for their wife's presence. Their heads must have turned like a thousand times yet they couldn't catch even a glimpse of their faces.

Adhir had no interest as of the moment in his wife and Rudra had spent way too much time with his wife that he needed to get away from her.

On the other side of room, the two pairs were standing near the buffet and staring lovingly at the dishes yet stood separately. Raima and Rakshita stood near the desert section and were gobbling macaroons. There was a look of contentment on their faces along with a guilty look marring Raima's face as well.