You look Exquisite!

~|| CHAPTER 9 ||~

"I'll what?"

"Throw you of from the balcony of this room."

"Getting violent now are we? We are supposed to be getting ready."

"Adhir, tell me now. Or I'll do something."

"Don't worry, even if you throw me off the balcony, I won't say anything. I'll forgive you as I'm gonna be the bigger person."

"Adhir, will you tell me the truth or not?"

Adhir leaned closer to his wife, his warm breath caressing her earlobe. In a soft, intimate whisper, he muttered a word. "No."

In a crescendo of frustration and desperation, Raima's patience with her husband's secrecy had reached its breaking point. Her face contorted with anger, tears welled up in her eyes as she rushed towards the fruit bowl in the kitchen. There, amidst the innocent array of fruits, she grasped a knife, her trembling hand holding it aloft, its gleaming edge reflecting the anguish in her eyes. With quivering resolve, she turned back to her husband, her voice trembling as she declared her intent to take drastic action if he continued to withhold the secret that had driven a wedge between them.

"Raima, what the hell are you doing? Keep the knife down."

"I won't until you tell me the truth. I'm counting until 10. If you don't tell me by then, I'll slit my wrist."

"Raima, just stop. Ok, listen to me. I was kidding with you. It was a joke. Nothing serious. Keep the knife down, now."

"10, 9."

"Raima, please. Don't do this, Raima. Please. I'm begging you."In a frantic and heart-wrenching moment, Adhir's eyes filled with fear and anguish as he saw his wife holding the knife with trembling hands, her desperate intent clear. He rushed toward her, his voice cracking with emotion as he begged her not to go through with such a drastic act.

"5,6"

"Raima, please. Mai haath jod that hun."

"3,2."

"Ok, ok, ok. You want to know, right? Ok, I'll tell you. You ate that desperate to know. Ok, fine, I'll tell you. But, after the story, promise me something."

"Adhir, tell me now or I'll."

"Shut up. Shut up. I said promise or not. No in between. Am I not clear?" threatened Adhir.

"Ok, fine. Promise, but what?"

"Promise me that after you hear the story, you won't ever talk to me again in your life."

"What?"

"Yes, promise me that."

"Adhir, I can't do that you are my husband and what would people say?"

"That your husband is a liability you have been forced to carry around for the rest of your life. Promise or not?"

"Adhir, I...I..."

"Forget it, then. Go on, slit your wrist."

"Ok, fine. Promise."