Secrets, terrible secrets

~|| CHAPTER 15 ||~

A piercing ring snapped Aahana out of her thoughts. Groggily, she searched for her phone, sensing it might deliver dreadful news.

After stumbling around, she located her phone on the couch and dramatically collapsed onto it, grabbing the device to check the caller ID—an unfamiliar number.

With a hint of suspicion, she ended the call, convinced it was a scam. Before she could set the phone down, it rang again, prompting her to reject the call once more.

Once more, the phone rang, and Aahana, now weary, prepared to vent her frustration. She braced herself to give whoever it was a piece of her mind. This time, instead of hanging up, she answered, ready to unleash her annoyance, only to be met with unexpected words: "Aahana, your husband is high."

"What? Who are you? And why is Rudraksh with you?"

Adhir was exasperated at this couple. These two were seriously dumb. One is laughing like it's the last day to laugh on Earth and the other doesn't recognise her brother-in-law. "Seriously. We live in the same goddamn house. It's me, Adhir."

"Oh. I couldn't tell. Sorry." Aahana wasn't apologetic. She simply didn't care. And why should she? Its not like she was going to spend her lifetime with this family. Just a few more months and she would be free. As free as a bird.

"Leave it. Rudra Bhai is drunk, high and everything else on this Earth. Take him and tame him."

On the other side, the scenario wasn't less funnier than a circus. Rudra and Adhir found themselves entangled in a tense struggle on the floor. Rudra was determined to snatch the phone from Adhir, who was busy blurting out his idiotic actions to his wife. Their limbs tangled as they grappled for control.

In a critical moment, just as Rudra was about to wrestle the phone from Adhir's grasp, Adhir's PA unexpectedly entered the room. Their compromising position suddenly took on an unintended sexual undertone, leaving both brothers visibly flustered.

Sensing an opportunity, Adhir swiftly reclaimed his phone. As they sprang apart, the air thickened with awkwardness. Both brothers stood, attempting to justify their actions, though their embarrassment was palpable. The tension lingered, casting a shadow over their strained relationship.

"I...we..he..I"

"Bhai, don't even try. You rarely speak and embarrassing situations are clearly not your forte. Leave it to the expert."

"Who, you? The guy cackled out loud when his professor's pants, the one you gifted him, fell off right in the middle of a very important lecture, one might add. And that too when the principal was present.

"Bhaiaaaa. Have you taken an oath that you will make fun of me, wherever you go?"

"What else are older brothers for?"

"To protect us, to guide us, to reassure us, to provide us with wisdom. But no thank you, wisdom from you. It's like asking a donkey to solve calculus."

"Yeah, right. I wonder how I graduated top of my class in IIM Ahmedabad though. Must be God's grace."

"Completely. Anyways, that's academic knowledge. I'm talking about inter-personal skills. Learn from the coach."

While the two were lost in their light-hearted argument, Adhir's PA was busy ogling at the two. The Saxena's. The most feared personalities in this country were arguing like 11-year olds in front of him. It was a sight to see. But, there was another pressing matter at hand. And that matter needed to be resolved as fast it can, otherwise, his boss would have his head. The same boss who looks the complete opposite of what he looked like when he entered his cabin a few hours ago.