Liability

~|| CHAPTER 4 ||~

"She's hurt right now. She won't listen to anything sensible you tell her right now. Ok. Give her some time, she will surely come back." said Reyansh peacefully. He could see through Anaisha's facade easily, she was hurting bad, and that too on her reception day. He wanted this day one of the most memorable days in her life but, look at fate. The 2 unbreakable sisters broke apart today due to some misunderstanding that he is still yet to know about.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened between the both of you? Both of you seemed fine during the reception."

"I....I...don't know how the argument started. But, she came into the room and started warning me about you guys. I kinda got angry and told her that at least my marriage isn't a business deal. I'm terrible. I am disgusting." cried Anaisha silently. She was so angry at herself for even thinking these things about her sister. Her sister always displayed an unwavering love for her. Her affectionate gestures and constant support made it evident that her love ran deep.

Seeing his best friend cum wife in a disastrous mood, Reyansh felt extremely disheartened for her. Looking at her pitiful state, he wounded his arms around her and tucked her in his embrace as if he was trying to protect her from the cruel world. Reyansh's strong yet gentle touch conveyed an unspoken promise of protection and support, while Anaisha's heart fluttered, feeling the warmth of his affectionate gesture. Staring at her intently, Reyansh held her firmly in his hands and carried her to their bed. He laid her down on the right side of the bed while he got himself settled on the left side. Gazing at her weak form for a last time and dropping a chaste kiss on her forehead, he got carried away in his slumber.

Rudrana's Room

Panting heavily, Aahana reached the room she shared with her so-called husband. She rushed off to the bed placed in the middle of the room and rested her head on the headboard of the bed. Feeling an unwavering gaze on her, she slightly moved and picked up the clear glass of water kept on the bedside table near her. She gulped down the liquid as if she had been starved for days.

The words of Anaisha kept haunting her thoughts to the point of insanity. She couldn't rest her head for even a second. Suddenly, she felt nauseous and rushed to the bathroom to hurl out the contents of today out her mouth. Banging the door shut and rushing off to the sink, she emptied her stomach.

No matter how much Rudra doesn't accept Aahana as his wife, in all these months there was a part of him which started to care for her not as a husband but as a friend at least. The moment she had entered the room in that haphazard manner, he had started feeling uneasy instantly. The look on her face terrified him as he had never seen her so distraught and heartbroken. There was an uncanny resemblance between his wife's present face and his child's face. It was that of longing. He remembered vying for Reshma Ma's attention all his childhood but, used to receive just a scowl in return. It was at those moments that he felt his heart breaking into pieces he don't know existed.

With deliberate steps, Rudra trodded towards the bathroom door and rapped his knuckles against the doors. He pressed his ears against the door only to hear a muffled grunt from inside.

Confusingly, he said, "Are you ok in there?"

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"Are you sure? You looked so sick."

"I'm completely and absolutely fine, ok. I'm no one of yours. Just a business deal that has been dumped over your head. I'm and will always be a liability to you."