Absolutely Nothing

~|| CHAPTER 3 ||~

RECEPTION LOOKS

"Have you lost your brain in some dumpster that you found nearby?" screamed Raima

"No, but for you, I'd do it anytime," said Adhir.

"Just shut up, please. Why do you even exist? Please vanish away from this world into thin air right now. I wish that I was a Greek goddess so that anything that I wished for would happen and I would be able to whoosh you away."

"But wouldn't you miss me the most in the world?

"Me. I would be the most glad that you are gone. God, just why wouldn't that happen?"

Adhir was usually a jovial, carefree spirit, always ready with a funny remark to lighten up the mood and make everyone smile. But behind that radiant facade lay a hidden pain, a weight that he carried in the depths of his soul. Beneath his laughter, his eyes betrayed a glimpse of sadness, like a window to a heart that has known its share of sorrow and struggles. He knew Raima disliked him, but he didn't realise that she hated even a fibre of his being. Adhir's ability to make others laugh was a coping mechanism, a shield he held up to protect the world from the storms that brew within him. His brothers marvelled at his humour, unaware of the turmoil that he concealed so expertly. Even when he treated Raima like a precious doll and took a stand for her whenever she was getting insulted by his mom, she still didn't feel anything for him not even as a friend. Like a colourful tapestry woven from both joy and sorrow, Adhir's external humour was a beautiful yet poignant reminder of the complexities that lie within every human soul.

Kind of heartbroken, Adhir replied, " Ok, let's make this even between us then. Wait, watch."

"What will you exactly do?"

In the dimly lit room, Adhir's frustration reached its boiling point. Annoyance etched across his face, his clenched fists trembled with intensity. Unable to contain his emotions any longer, he grabbed a nearby glass of water, its coldness offering a stark contrast to the burning rage within him. In a moment of impulsive release, he hurled the water upon himself, the droplets scattering like rain in all directions. As the liquid soaked his clothes, it seemed to momentarily douse the flames of fury, leaving him standing there, panting, a mix of confusion and relief washing over him. The room now carried the distinct scent of dampness, a tangible manifestation of the storm that had raged within his heart. In that peculiar moment, Adhir's anger had found a peculiar outlet, offering a brief respite from the tumultuous sea of emotions he battled inside.