like Chandler and Charles

~|| CHAPTER 11 ||~

"Who's got you smiling like that?"

"Me."

"Huh."

"In some days, we sisters will be back to how we were. Two peas in a pod. Yahoo!"

"Some days? Why?"

"Well, considering what I did, I think she needs a bit more time to get used to the fact that we are not fighting anymore. I'll take it slow for the time being."

"That's great. I'm happy for you, Anaisha."

"You should be. You are to be partly blamed for what happened between the both of us."

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

"What did I do?"

"Seriously? You don't know what you did."

"Of course, I don't. How am I involved in the fight between you two sisters? I was minding my own business. Don't drag me."

"Drag you? You are the reason for our fight, so how am I not supposed to drag you?" huffed Anaisha. She was trying to remain calm but the situation and her husband-cum-best-friend weren't letting her be.

"OK, so what did I do? Did I bitch about you to Aahana Bhabhi or what?"

"I wish you did that at least then, she would have known what kind of a person you are."

"Anisha, I'm serious now when I say this. Be clear with what you are saying. I don't understand a word of what you are trying to tell me."

"Well, I'll simplify it for you, dear husband. In all these months that Aahana Di was here, why didn't you ever make the effort to talk with her? If you would have done it, then she would have known what type of a person you were. If she knew what kind of human you are, she would definitely approve of you as my husband. If that would have happened, we would have never fought."

"So, what you are trying to tell me is that me not talking to Aahana Bhabhi is the reason you both fought?"

"Yeah."

"Well, to be honest, it's a shitty reason." answered back Rey. He had enough problems in his life, he didn't want to add anymore.

"What?"

"Yeah. If she wanted to know what type of a person I am, she could have initiated a conversation. Why do I have to do it? She needed to know me not me."

"Are you not her brother-in-law? Should you not even try to make her feel comfortable in a new house? She didn't know how this family works. All you had to do was say a few words to her. I don't think it's that hard now, is it?"

Reyansh had an answer right at the tip of his tongue when his phone decided to make a dramatic entry into the connection too. By ringing, of course. The ringtone echoed through the room, an unsettling contrast to the tension in the previous conversation.

Reyansh fumbled to pull the phone from his pocket, his heart racing with a sudden surge of adrenaline. The caller ID displayed an unknown number, adding to the mystery.

"Decline. It maybe a fraud or spam call." worriedly responded Anaisha. Her curiosity was piqued by the unexpected interruption. It is a random person's call, why pick it up, right?

What Anaisha wasn't aware of was that the unknown call was a very known call to Reyansh. The caller ID displayed a number he hadn't expected – someone intimately connected to the carefully woven fabric of the lie he had been concealing. His pulse quickened, and a surge of anxiety prompted him to hastily cut the call before it could fully connect.