Chapter 22🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Chris

I hold a bag of food in one hand, and a drink carrier with two large drinks in the other. "I brought food, princess." I smile softly, though it isn't a real one. It seems that she can tell as she smiles back nervously.

She doesn't know that I caught her snooping on camera. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I set the food on the bed and the drinks on my table. The emergency meeting I attended to has ruined my calm mood. It took time away from me being with Sarah, and now she's lost trust in me.

"Thank you..." She mumbled as if she didn't want to say the words. She probably doesn't even want to be near me, but I can fix that. I'll make her love me.

Without her, my life means nothing. I need her to say she loves me. I kiss her temple softly. She doesn't even react, simply continuing to eat despite my advances. I kiss her lips and she shoves me away, just like at the hospital.  "Stop." She glares, trying to be intimidating. That's cute.

I ignore her protest and kiss her again. She puts her hands on my chest in a pathetic attempt to push me away. I pull away and smirk, "Just as perfect as I remember."

She looks at me like a cornered animal. I love that look. She looks so submissive. I watch as she grabs her lunch and bolts out of the room. She thinks she can run, but she won't get far.

The lights flicker and I tense. They've been doing that since the incident. A shadow follows me everywhere I go. Butterflies surround the place more than ever before. Moths come in the nighttime.

She's unsurprisingly angry. She's trying to protect her. She's trying to scare me, but it won't work. I can take it as long as it means I have Sarah by my side.

I can hear Sarah moving around in the house, most likely trying to find an unlocked door. Eventually, she'll realize she's stuck here. Even if she could get out, she had nowhere else to go. She doesn't even remember Madelyn.

I pick up my phone, checking the cameras. She's at the back of the house, banging on the window that looks out at the pool. The glass is bulletproof, so there's no way she could break through it.

She slowly sinks to the ground, giving up. That was sorta depressing, yet it gives me a certain sadistic joy to know she's stuck with me.