chapter 9🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Mariposa

As I push him away roughly, I immediately put my hand over my lips, feeling disgusted and violated. He looks at me in shock, completely taken aback by my reaction, "What the hell?!" he says, sounding offended. However, I'm the one who should be offended.

"You kissed me! I don't even know you!" I say, looking at him with bewilderment and disgust. His expression changes from shock to hurt, causing him to tear up. "You do know me, baby. I'm your husband!" he says, trying to reason with me.

I shake my head in disbelief, "I don't know you. I don't know anyone. I don't even know your middle name. I don't know you," I repeat myself, hoping he would understand the gravity of the situation. He tears up a bit more, and I wonder if I hurt his feelings that much. He looks at me like a kicked puppy, trying to make me remember something I couldn't.

"Lesley," he says, uttering a name that I still don't recognize. I look at him in confusion, not understanding what he meant. "Christopher Lesley Monroe. That's my full name," he says, trying to jog my memory. I nod slowly, trying to remember if I had heard it before. "I still don't know you," I say, feeling helpless and hopeless.

He sighs, "Mi amor, tú si me conoces. simplemente no puedes recordarlo todavía!" he says, switching to another language. I have no idea what he just said, and I look at him with a blank stare. "What?" I say, feeling more frustrated than ever. He looks at me exasperated, not knowing what else to say.

Well, news flash buddy, I'm the one with the problem here. I'm the one with no memory, and he's the one trying to convince me of something I couldn't remember. He moves back to the couch, playing with his phone, probably feeling defeated. I grab mine, pick up my Bluetooth earbuds, and open Spotify. My phone starts playing 'Hate Me,' and I wonder if it was a coincidence or the universe's way of mocking me.

You cut my breaks
Then kiss on my face
So where are you coming from?
Can't read the signs
So I draw the line
Then you go and bend it some

Kinda sounds like Chris. One second he's fine; the next he's calling me a slut or kissing me.

The moment everything is said
Your words they bring me back again
It's so insane the things we do
In the name of love

That's a vibe...

I lie back on the bed as I listen to the music. It's kinda soothing, despite how dark the lyrics are.

Got both feet on the edge
Are you gonna come and save me?
I'll take one final step
All you have to do is make me
If you ever walk away I won't think twice
I'll go bye, bye, bye
Even though that it hurts me, baby
I'm in love with the way you hate me

I wonder if Chris would ever get that manic for me. The thought is equally terrifying and flattering. It'd be kinda nice to know he loved me that much, but I don't want to be in a situation like that. I have enough problems.