Chapter 7🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Mariposa

swipe up on the screen, only for it to ask for a password. What could it be? I wonder if I knew it before the incident. If I did, then we must've had a lot of trust, but if I didn't, that could mean he was hiding something.
I'm probably just overthinking it though.
I can't figure it out. What could it be? Maybe his mother's name? But I don't know her name... maybe his birthday? He hasn't told me that... DAMMIT!

What could it be?
"What could it be? What could it be?", I mumble as I stare at the phone. I stare at the phone, unsure what to do. At least I know what I was wearing now. He was right about it being considered "slutty", though I like how I look in it. Apparently, I have a belly button piercing.

I hear footsteps walking near the door and I panic. I hurriedly throw the phone back on the couch, stumbling back to my bed, tripping over my own grippy sock feet. The door opens, and the same doctors from before walking in. The woman, who I've learned prefers to be called Delilah, speaks first.

"Hello, Miss Monroe. We've studied your CT scans and it seems you have an acute brain bleed. We need to take you into surgery for a craniotomy." I look at her in shock, my brown eyes widening to the point that it makes my vision blurry.

Then Malachi, her intern (who I believe is also her boyfriend) spoke, "We'd need to take you immediately." I stare at them, not knowing what to say, then I nod. "Okay."

They immediately started rushing around, preparing. Next thing I know, I'm being wheeled down the hall, with a weird shower cap keeping my hair together. Then it hits me, what about Chris... he's gonna be worried when he gets back and I'm in the middle of major surgery.

If he even comes back, That is... though I don't know if that would be better or worse... I watch as brown, double doors open, then shut behind us, a slight draft following as we continue.

I look to the left as we pass the different rooms, peeking in through the glass doors. (the ones that don't have the privacy blinds down.) In the first room, there's an old, grey-haired man in bed, smiling. A young woman is hugging a doctor, smiling and sobbing at the same time. Looks like really good news.

The second room has a blonde, pregnant woman in it, along with a man and two children. The woman is pacing quickly, seemingly in pain. The third room has a blue-eyed man holding his clearly sick, redheaded daughter. The fourth room has a doctor talking to a sobbing, grey-haired woman, and a young, brown-haired man who clearly just died on the bed.

We get to the large operation room. There's a gallery above us. As they help me move to the bed, I stare at the ceiling. They put the clear mask over my mouth. The male doctor, known as Malachi, looks at me comfortingly. (Is he wearing mascara??) "Count backward from 10 please." I continue to stare at the tile ceiling as I count, the world slowly fading to black.

"Ten"
it reminds me of an old school building.

"Nine."
Like the one I went to with Sophie as a child.

"Eight"
it was super loud in the cafeteria.

"Seven"
It made my ears hurt so much I wanted to go completely deaf.

"Six"
Sophie wasn't always there because she got kicked out of school a lot.

"Five"
Mom always worried about me being her friend, because she thought we'd fall in love.

"Four"
She thought Sophie was a bad influence. She also didn't want me to date a girl because our family is catholic.

"Three"
Dad thought Sophie was great. He wanted us to be in love

"Two"
He said it was good because Sophie couldn't get me pregnant, but we were determined to convince him that it wasn't like that.

"One"
Wait.... did I just remember my parents?

.....

Mariposa On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara