chapter 15🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Skylar

I watch through the window in horror as she swallows the pill. She's too fragile to have access to such a dangerous drug. How could he let her get those? Why isn't he doing anything? She needs me. I have to get her out of there. I need to be careful though. If Chris catches me, who knows what could happen?

It was pretty hard to get up here without being seen, but it was worth it for her. I still can't believe he had the audacity to tell her I died. I'll make him pay. I'll get her back. I've got to. I have to save her.

I know I probably sound insane, but you don't understand. She's mine, not his. She was mine first. She'll never be his. She's only mine. I have to protect her. She's taking pills. She shouldn't be taking those. I need to make her stop.

I have to find a way. She is my light, my joy, my number two. I only say number two because Maddie is my number one. My little girl. My little firecracker. My lucky, four-leaf clover.

She has milky skin that glows like the moon, and curly, red hair that makes her look like a slightly taller leprechaun. Her eyes are so dark; they almost seem black, like the night sky. She's perfect.

I was watching her from the second she got to the hospital. Chris had his security keeping me out, so I just watched. It's clear that she doesn't remember anything. She doesn't remember me. She doesn't remember him.

He lied to her so much. He lied about her time in the hospital. He lied about how long it took for her to wake up after surgery. He took her home early. He's putting her in danger. Now she's taking pills. My precious Zoey. I'll save her.

I look down, staring Into the trees. I see the tiny, fluffy dot of red hair. I need to get back down now. I can't leave her by herself for this long.

I quickly scale down the wall, careful not to fall. As I land on the ground, I bend my knees, muting the thud from the impact. I sprint into the trees, ignoring the dirt as I quickly pick Maddie up, "Hey Miss Lucky~" She tilts her head, causing her curls to bounce a bit.

"Hi, papá! I found a worm!" He holds a disgusting, wriggling worm in front of my face. I hate worms. They make me sick. I pretend to like Them though, since Madelyn likes them. I smile softly, "I see, lucky. When we get back to the hotel, you can put it in their garden. It'll help the flowers grow."

She grins at me, "Then the flowers will be super pretty, and more bugs will come!" She giggles. I begin walking back toward civilization. She looks at me curiously, "Why do you like the flowers so much?" I tilt my head, mirroring her, "Because every flower has meaning, and each flower is unique. I think that concept is even more beautiful than the flower itself."

She snickers, "That's mushy gushy, papá!" She sticks her tongue out. I flick her tongue, "If ya keep sticking it out, you're gonna bite it off!"

I carry her through the forest, smiling as she babbles about all the things she saw. She's so perfect. My lovely little lucky clover. She is my number one priority. She comes first.