Chapter 20🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

As I turn my head to the side, I see Chris staring blankly at the ceiling, his eyes looking teary and distant. I want to reach out and comfort him, but I'm not sure how to... I don't want to spook him. Eventually, I decided to take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze, hoping to convey my support.

At first, he tenses up, but soon enough, he relaxes and lets out a deep sigh.

Suddenly, I recall the colors associated with the two people from my dream. The man seems connected to the color blue, while the child's giggles remind me of orange. For some reason, this realization strikes me as significant, and I can't help but feel a sense of connection with the child. They sounded so happy together, and I couldn't shake off the feeling that I knew them somehow.

Meanwhile, Chris seems to be struggling with something.

He's distant and unresponsive, lost in his thoughts. I decided to scoot closer to him and hold him tightly, hoping to offer some comfort.

However, he remains unresponsive, seemingly lost in a flashback or some other distressing memory. After a while, he sits up and looks directly at me, his stormy eyes piercing mine as he finally notices my presence. "How long have you been awake, princess?" he asks, his voice a little hoarse.

I respond with a soft smile, "Not long, Chrissy." At this, he seems taken aback, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Chrissy?" he repeats, as if he's never heard the nickname before.

In response, I giggle and explain, "Well, you call me princess, so I thought I'd return the favor and call you Chrissy." He chuckles, his eyes sparkling with amusement, "You're adorable, princess."

For a few moments, we sit in comfortable silence, lost in our own thoughts. However, the peaceful moment is soon interrupted by Chris's phone ringing, The song 'Control' by Zoey Wees fills the room with its haunting melody.

Early in the morning,
I still get a little bit nervous
Fighting my anxiety constantly
I try to control it-

Chris reaches for his phone, answering it with a gruff "Hello?" I can tell from his tone that he's irritated with whoever is on the other end of the line. I can't hear the other person's voice, but I can hear Chris loud and clear.

"No. I'm busy," he snaps, his patience wearing thin. I can't help but wonder what's going on.

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to do about it?"

"Are you crazy!? I just got her home! I'm not leaving her here!"

It sounds like he's talking about me. Does he not trust me alone? I mean, I can't blame him, considering I don't even actually know my name.

"I'll be fine here, Chris..." I look at him softly, hoping g he'll listen. I don't wanna hold him back.

"I don't want to leave you here, Sarah... what if you get hurt? Or sick? Or worse...?" He looks at me with the same look he gave me when I first woke up.

"I swear, Chris. I'll be fine." I gently kiss his cheek in the hope of soothing him. He finally agrees and walks out of the room, muttering at the guy on the phone.

Now here I am, alone in a mansion. I smirk to myself. Time to snoop.