Chapter - 23

Akshara's pov:

"Harshad please" I pulled my arm back from his grip before I took the shot from Arjun's hand and drinking it right away. I don't have the time to play games anymore. I just want the truth and I know he has it.

It doesn't sit right with me the way he drove all the way here to fetch me when I didn't even share my whereabouts. Wait, maybe Arjun did?

"You told him where we're at?" 1 glared at him but he just looked at me with a puzzled reaction.

"Oh shoot I probably sent him our picture" he took his phone out and scrolled through his messages, checking if his hunch is right. "Oh, right I sent it to him" he showed the phone to me and he was right. He sent the message to him instead of me.

I don't blame him for coming at us and probably gonna scold us for drinking in daylight but it's not the likes of him to just drag me out like I'm a sort of someone who he can control all the time.

I got too comfortable with him, both of them to be exact that I didn't knew I got almost toyed with what seems to be the reality for me. I let my guard off when I'm with him because I know I'm gonna be safe but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore right now. I just want to know everything isnt that 100 much?

"You're drunk Akshara, don't be stubborn" he held my arm again and helped me to stand up from the chair but I tried to shake his grasp away from me.

"No Harshad, this isn't you and this isnt me so we're fair now. I already know where this is going so please, just let me stay here for a bit" I hissed, I think I need to pass my resignation paper again but this time, I'll make sure I'm never going back to the agency. It's making my life hard, they're making it all hard for me.

"Listen Akshara, I don't have any idea what you're talking about but as your b-boss it's my job to--"

"No it's not, you're overdoing it Harshad. This is my personal life and I don't want to be rude to you but can you please, just please stop messing up with me? I'm tired of everything please." I pleaded. He seemed to be taken aback by my actions. His brows furrowed as a frown registered in his face. My heart felt heavy as I uttered those words. No one can understand how I feel unless they stand on my shoes.

Seriously, I don't have any idea why he is doing this, he's becoming overprotective from time to time and it's making me feel like we've known each other for so long because the way he acts is not reasonable enough for me.

Like what I've said, he looks like he knew something about me but a hunch is just a hunch without proper basis and I don't want to blame all these mishaps on him so I'm trying to push him away as much as I can. Maybe he's just concerned? but this type of concern is on another level.

"Akshara stop it, you're just drunk" Arjun mumbled, taking the glass away from me. I closed my eyes before looking at him.

"And now you're on another side again Arjun? You just told me lately that you believe me, that you know what's happening to me yet you don't stand with me when I'm trying to clear everything" My eyes feels hot and I know anytime soon, I'm gonna break down. It all feels heavy. It's too much to worry and it's too much for me to experience this.

No they don't understand me at all. They're just manipulating me- gaslighting me, telling me that they understand me at all yet they're making me question my reality and my sanity.

Other people from the club are starting to give their glances at our direction and are whispering on each other's ears. Right, just right. Another thing will be blamed on me, probably wrecking havoc in this bar.

I was fine, we were all fine but that time when Mini came, my life started to crash. I was blamed for something I didn't do and the people around me changed the way they act and interact with me like I was some kind of lunatic they just want to stay away from.

"Arjun, can I have a talk with him for a while?" Arjun nodded at him but I won't stand in this seat unless he tells me what he really wants.

He took a heavy breath and with his concerned eyes, he looked at me for the time again.

"Akshu"

With just a word, my mind went blank as a pain in my head started to arouse. His word echoed through my system, repeating it all over until I dropped on my knees. My head's swirling and my vision started to blur. I felt the both of them helped to lift me from the floor but it wasnt enough.

A static sound was all I can hear even when I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Nothing is coming out of my throat and the pain in my head is getting worst.

"A-akshsra"

The sound around me vanished as my eyes felt heavy. My name was all I heard before my body surrendered into unconsciousness