Chapter - 10

Akshara:

Completely devastated with the exchange of words between us, I decided to skip work and take a rest for the meantime.

All of these things are stressing me out and my head would just blow off. Maybe I will take a breather but it doesn't mean that I'll give up trying to solve these odd things. It's about my reputation that we're talking about here.

I went straight home, not minding everyone at work. Some even had the guts to ask me a few questions but I tried to avoid it as much as I could. As far as they want to know what came off, it also is sparking an urge in me to find out more about it.

In that case, it can't be associated with sleep walking because my eyes were wide open and I did things that a sleeping person can't. Daydreaming is not an answer either. What would it be?

Ahhhhh I'm gonna lose my mind. This is complicated at some point.

*ding dong

*ding dong

The doorbell rang at the gate. I went to check on it and a man with a basket full of fruits was waiting by the main door.

"Good Morning mam, are you Ms Rathod?" he asked as I reached the gate. I opened the door and nodded at him.

"This is a delivery from Mr Chopda. Please sign this paper" he showed a paper and pointed right at where I should sign. He then handed the basket to me.

"From Mr Chopda? Mr Harshad?" I asked before he went inside his vehicle. I need to ensure he's telling the right person. "Yes mam" I nodded at him and exclaimed my thanks before he went off.

I am not sick though so why would he send me some fruits? Lots of varieties are in the basket - apples, mangoes, oranges, strawberries, grapes and kiwis. Too much for a single person. A card is also placed in between the arrangements.

Woah, I'm the one at fault but he's the one sending me fruits, Just how can this world be twisted? but I'm thankful for it and for him too. Maybe he feels guilty about his questions? No, that was way too shallow for him to be guilty besides it's really my fault so I should be the one to give things like this for compensation and uhm disturbances.

I placed the basket at the table and opened the yellow colored card in it.

То: Akshara

Don't worry about everything, they're all under control. Just take a rest and be careful not to do it again next time. Here are some fruits to fill your stomach.

From: Harshad.

What?

I do realize that he wants me to take a rest but sending fruits and doing everything on his own is further than it should be. I mean it's more than owing him a favor. I suppose I should return this one but it'll appear like I'm an egoistic person and maybe would leave a bad impression so I'll just get it. I'm gonna send one for him and Ms. Sawant too once I get my salary.

Why is everything so questionable? Am I overthinking things? I should get this right by now, rest is for those who need it but I don't, so I'll have to find a way to figure this out.

I stormed to my room and went to open a notebook that'll serve as my note.

The first incident should be recorded so I can monitor the changes or so I can connect the dots.

I started to take down notes about what I've seen in that dream and on the video. These details are lesser than expected and would not even be a half of a dot. I can't seem to think of a way to connect it.

Wait...

I still have to observe later. Why would I try to connect the dots when it wasn't even formed as a dot at all? I should wait for a few more details to add to this. For the meantime, I'll just look for another alternative.

What if I have a doppelganger? or what if someone is using my identity to fool or make a fuzz under my own name and the use of my facial features? What if someone out there is copying me?

Nah, that would be lame. Who am I to be copied around? I mean I would understand if I'm sort of a very popular person but I'm just a nobody, just a young girl who wants to work my ass off to do a worthy job. That'll be crossed out.

From that video, all I can say is I have consciousness and maybe can think on my own but am somehow unaware of it. Yes, I must be nuts but what if I leave a letter behind for me to read the next morning?

I mean, if something happens again and my unusual self would appear, maybe my own letter would be an instrument for me to get back to my senses if that's the case. Well there's no harm in trying and who knows if that'll actually work out. I am tolerating possible things to happen so this might be it.

I flipped into the blank page of my notebook and started to write a note for myself.

Akshara,

In case you ever thought of doing things like that again, just remember that you need that work. That work is crucial for your studies and I bet you want your education right? I be better if you behave yourself and work like what you're supposed to do. Be mindful of your surroundings and try to avoid troubles in your way. Open your eyes and be conscious. This is no laughing matter.

I ripped it from the notebook and taped it on my bulletin board type of wall in the room. I always check it every morning for my To Do list so I know I'm gonna check that one tomorrOW.

One thing to make this observation possible. I need an eye.

I went to my parents room to get the hidden camera type that my Dad used to put in our living room when we were kids. It's like a surveillance camera, only a little limited with the range but can be perfectly camouflaged on the wall.

I took it and went back to my room to set it up on the wall beside my note. If anything happens, I can totally have a view of it. I inserted the card to my phone which is like the memory card of the camera itself.

It's all set, now let's see where this goes.