<Carmen>

"A spring ball?" I questioned, nibbling on a chocolate bar. Apparently the Rosiers organize a private ball mid spring as to celebrate it.

The more I thought about it the more fitting it became.

Regulus sighed in annoyance, "They do these every year, It's always boring"

"Not this year" I said behind an excited smile.

Regulus' frown deepened, "And why's that?"

"Because this year you have me"

✧✧✧

After an awful lunch with Walburga and surprisingly so little convincing; Regulus and I apparated to hogsmead in search of formal attires.

The village was eerily quiet, besides the usual chatters of the commoners, no sound could be heard, which made the experience much better as we hated bustling atmospheres.

Regulus was silent, and that was ironic because the boy never shuts up when we're alone.

"Why're you so quiet?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him.

His face was blank of any emotion, but he knew better than to conceal his feelings infront of me.

"Whenever I'm back there I feel so drained, I never hated a place as much as I hate home, yet I feel as though I'm not capable of leaving" He started, and I could sense his emotions by the way his voice almost broke.

 "And before you say it, it's not because of my parents, there's this emotional, much deeper, bond between me and this godforsaken hell I've been brought into and it hurts knowing I'll never be able to escape this like Sirius did. He's probably out there 'living the life' while I'm stuck at yet another drama, another ball, and another one of those meetings, because I was too scared to leave with him that night." Regulus exploded, breathing heavily once he finished with a salty tear running down his pale cheeks.

It was one of those moments were no words needed to be said, and even if there was I wouldn't know what to do because regardless of our differences; him and I fall in the same position.

No breath escaped him as he watched me, watched my reaction waiting for a glimpse of rejection in my eyes; which he could never find even if he cut me open,

whatever is beneath my flesh is only ever his, I don't think I've ever felt of belonging until he barged into my life.

I grabbed his shoulders forcing him into a hug and waited for him to push me back because I know how much he hates physical touch,  but to my pleasant surprise he tightened his arms around me and finally released that breath he was holding for too long, and even though none of us moved I could feel my thin-clothed blouse getting wet from his tears, yet I never complained, I don't think I ever would.

✧✧✧

"What the hell is this color?" Regulus grimaced, his face frowning in obvious disgust.

I could've slapped him if I didn't have enough self control as he was the one who suggested I try this specific dress on. "May I remind you who chose it?" 

He sighed, "I don't know what came over me, try th-" I quickly cut him off, "How about I pick my own dress, huh? how about that?"

That boy was a menace to society when it came to shopping and picking clothes, and god forbid he insists on something. I really tried taking it easy since his uncalled for breakdown, but he was acting as if it never happened.

Regulus bit back a smile at my awfully hidden annoyance, "yes ma'am"

After nearly an hour trying different kind of dresses I started losing hope, that until I found the perfect one.

The dress was long, presenting my silhouette in a soft feminine look, the top almost looked alive as it twirled into matching colored flowers, almost too perfect for spring.

Seeing myself is a skintight dress proved that my problem with my body is in my head, I have never been that much of a confident person, but dare I say that this gown was made for me.

"Are you almost finished? We need to be back by dinner!" Regulus called, expecting a graon of frustration from me, but I surprised him with the dress.

I could've sworn I saw him gulp.

Regulus hesitated for a moment, "It's beautiful, You are beautiful" he said the last part almost like a whisper and I could see the embarrassment dancing in his eyes as soon as he realized that it was said aloud. 

I fought a teasing smirk, If we had been anything like before I wouldn't have passed this opportunity.

"I'm ready to go now." I announced slowly turning  to tease him of the backless bit of the dress. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE IS THE ACTUAL BALL.