epilogue

'How are you feeling?' Courtney asks softly as she watches Leah pack her bag knowing that if all goes well she'll likely get her first minutes on the pitch in nine months.

'Nervous.' Leah admits causing Courtney to wrap her arms around the blonde's waist.

'You'll be fine. This is everything you've been working towards. All the hard work you've put in has led to this moment.' Courtney says smiling as Leah turns around to face her.

'What if I can't do it? What if I'm just not the same as I was... Viv has said she's really struggled to find that trust in her knee since she returned.' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head.

'I know. You need to just take it one step at a time, bubs. Look at Beth? It's like she's never been away. Everyone deals with these things differently. You might feel like Viv when you're on the pitch or you might feel like Beth... You might even be somewhere in the middle and that's okay. All your feelings are valid.' Courtney replies as the blonde lets out a shaky breath

'All that work and I kinda want to spend the ninety minutes sitting on the bench.' Leah says laughing slightly.

'You don't mean that. You're gonna be fine. Bunny and I are going to be cheering you on from the stands, okay?' Courtney says softly.

'Are you sure you want to come? It's a long trip, especially with Bunny.' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head.

'I wouldn't miss it for the world. Your mum is picking us up and bringing us back home. We'll be fine.' Courtney replies smiling.

'I couldn't have gotten through the past nine months without you... I know I've been insufferable at times but I just- I want you to know how grateful I am for you, Court. You've been my rock.' Leah says.

'I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.' Courtney replies smiling.

'Let's move in together... Only if you want to of course.' Leah says and Courtney nods her head.

'We already practically live together but sure let's make it official.' Courtney replies smiling as she leans up to press her lips against the blonde's.

****

'Wally!' Bunny squeals as she spots the other woman lingering by the door causing Courtney to smile. Placing the little girl down on the ground, both Courtney and Amanda laugh as she runs full speed towards the Swiss-midfielder who immediately scoops her into her arms.

'I swear sometimes she likes her more than me and Le.' Courtney says causing Amanda to smile. Lia and Beth have very much become Bunny's favourite out of the girls, probably down to the fact they completely spoil her although they have had some competition with the arrivials of Alessia Russo and Kyra Cooney-Cross.

'Hi, how are you?' Lia asks using her free arm to hug both Courtney and Amanda.

'Good, you?' Courtney asks and Lia nods her head.

'Yeah, I'm good... Got your stuff for you.' Lia says gesturing to a bag by her feet.

'Oh amazing. Thank you so much for getting them.' Courtney replies.

'What did you get?' Amanda asks causing Courtney to smile. Reaching into the bag, she pulls out a tiny home Arsenal shirt with 'Lele' and '6' printed on the back. Hanging the shirt over her arm, she pulls out the second one which has 'Williamson' and '6' printed on the back.

'She'll be so chuffed.' Amanda says smiling.

'She has no idea. I got Wally to pick them up so I could surprise her. Obviously Williamson is too long to fit on Bunny's so just went with Lele as that's what Bunny calls her.' Courtney explains.