twenty-four

Quietly making her way out of the bedroom, Leah can't stop herself from smiling as she spots the living room door decorated with a silver 'happy birthday' banner and pale pink, white and peach balloons. She knew Courtney was up to something last night when she'd sneaked out of bed at just after 2am claiming Bunny was awake despite the fact there was no noise coming through the monitor. Opening the living room door, she's instantly greeted by a room which decorated in the same fashion as the door, the sound of Courtney singing softly in the kitchen and the smell of some freshly cooked pancakes.

'Morning...' She says softly as she leans against the kitchen doorframe causing Courtney to glance over her shoulder at her.

'What are you doing up already? Buns and I were making you breakfast in bed. Did we wake you?' Courtney asks causing Leah to shake her head as she watches her girlfriend make her way over to her.

'Happy birthday, bubs.' Courtney says softly as she wraps her arms around Leah and pulls her closer to her.

'Thank you... You didn't have to go to all this effort, honestly. Waking up with you is more than enough.' Leah replies smiling.

'Your special day needs to be just as special as you... I was making pancakes for breakfast. I know you've got a game tonight so hoping they're okay. I just- Mum used to make me pancakes for breakfast every birthday.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'They're absolutely perfect, love.' Leah replies smiling as Courtney returns to the cooker while Leah makes her way over to Bunny in the highchair.

'Hiya!' Bunny says grinning as she raises her arms to the blonde.

'Hi, sweet girl.' Leah replies smiling as she lifts Bunny into her arms.

'We'll do presents after we've had breakfast, yeah?' Courtney says.

'Sure.' Leah replies smiling as she adjusts Bunny on her hip as the little girl giggles and buries her face in the crook of the blonde's neck.

'Did you sleep well?' Courtney asks as she continues to make their breakfast.

'Mm-hmm...' Leahs replies smiling.

'Good.' Courtney says softly.

****

'What time do you have to leave at to go and meet the girls?' Courtney asks as she runs her fingers through the blonde's hair.

'Not until 6.' Leah replies. They've had a morning of just relaxing in the house; they had their pancakes for breakfast and then Courtney absolutely spoilt Leah with gifts.

'Are you sure Al is alright to watch Bunny tonight?' Courtney asks causing the blonde to nod her head. They've spent pretty much most of the past few days with Alex and as a result she's offered to watch Bunny while Courtney goes to the match tonight.

'Mm-hmm... She'll be absolutely fine, honestly. She wouldn't have offered if she wasn't sure.' Leah replies smiling.

'Okay. What is the best time for me to get there tonight?' Courtney asks.

'Probably early, love. With it being a sell-out you're gonna want to get there relatively early, avoid all the queues and stuff... Will you be standing with my mum? Are you in the family area?' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head.

'Yeah, I'm with your mum. I'm sure... Or at least not far from her.' Courtney replies.

'I'd still get there early actually. You could always message my mum and see what time she's planning on getting there? Meet up with her?' Leah suggests.

'Yeah, I could do that I guess.' Courtney replies.

'Your pancakes were amazing this morning, by the way... I don't know if I told you enough this morning.' Leah says causing Courtney to smile.