eighteen

note: I realised when reading this chapter back I've messed up the timing regarding Bunny's age so apologises for that. I will eventually go back and fix it but as it stands she's 11 months, nearly 1.

'What's going on in that head of yours, bubba? You've been quiet today.' Amanda says glancing at her daughter who is sitting at the opposite side of the sofa.

'I've met someone, mum.' Leah admits biting her bottom lip causing Amanda to smile and nod her head.

'I know you have, sweetheart.' Amanda says.

'W-What? How do you know?' Leah asks.

'I'm your mum, Leah. I know everything... You've been much happier lately, more content. I was just biding time until you decided to tell me.' Amanda replies watching a smile appear on her daughter's face.

'Tell me all about her?' Amanda asks.

'She's, well she's just amazing. Everything I didn't know I needed in my life.' Leah replies.

'Where did you guys meet?' Amanda asks.

'At a bar... I uh- Katie had forced me to go out for this team dinner thing to welcome the new girls and I really wasn't feeling it. I think I was still mentally dealing with the break-up and Jordan moving out so I didn't want to go socialise with everyone. Courtney was at the same bar with her friend having just moved to London and we just got pissed together before Katie carted me home.' Leah replies.

'So she's not from London then?' Amanda asks and Leah shakes her head.

'She's from Glasgow... She doesn't really know anyone down here so we've kind of become joined at the hip but she's met all of the girls now and she's gone for lunch with Beth and Viv, especially when I was away on camp.' Leah replies causing Amanda to smile.

'That's good that she gets on with the girls... You seem happy, Leah. Really happy and that's all that matters to me.' Amanda says softly.

'There is actually- Well there's something else I probably should tell you because it's quite a big thing...' Leah says and Amanda raises her eyebrows at the blonde.

'Courtney's a mum. She's got the most wonderful little girl, Bunny. She's only a baby, under a year old.' Leah explains and Amanda nods her head.

'Okay... Well if that doesn't change anything for you then it certainly doesn't change anything for me. Like I said, all I want is to see you happy and I certainly have seen you more than happy over the past few weeks. If even a fraction of that is down to Courtney then I like her already.' Amanda says.

'I want you to meet her. I just- I know it all seems to be going very quickly, I'm aware of that but it feels so right mum.' Leah says and Amanda smiles.

'I'd love to meet her, bubba.' Amanda replies.

****

'What are your plans for Bunny's first birthday then? Are you guys heading back up to Scotland to celebrate?' Beth asks as she gently bounces the little girl on her knee.

'Mm-hmm... We're going to get the train up on the 20th, celebrate with my family on the 21st and then I think our train gets us back home on the 24th. So we're only away for a few days but it didn't feel right not taking her back to my dad and Elle to celebrate her first birthday when I couldn't have made it through this year without them.' Courtney admits and Beth nods her head.

'Yeah, it makes sense. Are you coming to the game on the 11th?' Beth asks and Courtney shrugs her shoulders.

'Le and I haven't really spoke about it. I don't have a ticket and I don't really know how to get any tickets... I don't usually do this type of thing. I hadn't been to a game since I was a child before the final.' Courtney admits.