eight

note: obviously we don't know exact timings and reasons for certain things that have happened so I have just made them up. apologies if it offends anyone.

'Hey, you... Do you have time for a chat?' Leah asks smiling as she holds the phone to her ear while using her free hand to slide her boots into her bag.

'Hey. Time for you? Always.' Courtney replies.

'What have you been up to today? Doing anything fun?' Leah asks.

'Mm... I spent the morning batch-cooking some meals for Bunny and I to have for nights that I don't feel like cooking. I thought you'd be busy getting your head in the game so you're all prepared tonight.' Courtney says as Leah zips up her bag.

'I've just put my bag together but I've still got like two hours before I actually have to leave so I've got time... Just wanted to hear your voice.' Leah replies.

'So how are you feeling about the game tonight?' Courtney asks.

'I think it'll be a tough game. I mean City are a good team, they have good players and they certainly aren't going to make it easy for us but we just need to give it everything we've got tonight and hopefully the result will be in our favour.' Leah replies.

'Are you starting today or are you not allowed to tell me that?' Courtney asks.

'I'm technically not supposed to tell anyone until it's officially been released but I trust that you won't tell anyone... I'm in the starting eleven tonight.' Leah replies.

'Amazing... Well Bunny and I will certainly be cheering you on from home. Is there anywhere we can watch it?' Courtney asks and Leah can't help but smile as leans on the kitchen counter.

'I'm sure it's getting shown on BBC iPlayer... Thought you weren't into football though, Courtney?' Leah says and Courtney lets out a small giggle.

'I'm not, but I am into you.' Courtney replies.

'Touché.' Leah says smiling.

****

'What's going on? You good?' Leah asks as she makes her way over to where Lia is sitting with her head resting in her hands. She watches the Swiss-midfielder shake her head without even looking up at her.

'What's going on? Where's Caitlin? Will I find Caitlin?' Leah says glancing around trying to get a glimpse of the Aussie.

'No.' Lia replies lifting her head to look at the blonde.

'We split up last night.' Lia says quietly causing the blonde to sigh.

'Oh I'm sorry, love... What happened?' Leah asks softly as she sits down next to Lia.

'I don't know... Everything was fine. I thought we were fine.' Lia admits shaking her head as the blonde wraps her arm around her shoulders.

'Come over to mine after the game? We can order in some food and get some ice cream? Have a movie night.' Leah suggests feeling the other woman rest her head against her.

'Are you not seeing Courtney tonight?' Lia asks causing the blonde to shake her head.

'No, not tonight... Even if I was, I could rearrange.' Leah replies.

'The thought of seeing her today... I don't even know where she stayed last night.' Lia admits shaking her head.

'Just keep your chin up, Lia. We'll get through the game and we'll go back to mine to chill.' Leah says and the brunette nods her head.