ten

Opening her eyes, Courtney groans slightly as she blinks a few times in an attempt to adjust to the darkness which is filling her living room. Tilting her head, she glances over at the clock on the wall which reads just after 2:30am.

'Le...' She mumbles glancing down at the blonde who has her leg thrown over Courtney's hip. Courtney's hand is resting on the blonde's lower back, her fingers brushing underneath the blonde's t-shirt.

'Mm...' Leah moans turning her head and burying it further against the brunette's chest.

'Le, let's go to my bed... We're going to end up with sore backs if we sleep on the sofa all night.' Courtney says softly.

'Shit... I never meant to fall asleep. I uh- I can go home. I'm sorry.' Leah says pushing herself to her feet and making her way over to where her jacket is thrown over the back of a chair.

'You've got nothing to apologise for. We both fell asleep, Le. You don't have to go but I understand if you want to go.' Courtney replies as she stands up and grabs hold of the blonde's hand.

'I uh-' Leah begins.

'We don't even need to sleep in the same bed. You can have mine and I'll take the sofa... Just breathe, yeah? Usually I'm the panicker.' Courtney says softly.

'I'm sorry.' Leah replies turning to face the brunette who shakes her head.

'Don't apologise... Talk to me? What's going through that head of yours? Is it all feeling too quick?' Courtney asks smiling as Leah immediately moves towards her and wraps her arms around her.

'I just- I feel like it should feel like it's moving too quick but surprisingly it doesn't. It feels right.' Leah admits, her head resting on the brunette's shoulder.

'Mm... What do you want to do? I'm comfortable with you staying? I'm comfortable sharing the bed and I'm comfortable not sharing the bed, whatever makes you comfortable.' Courtney says, her hand resting on the blonde's lower back.

'Let's go to bed.' Leah replies quietly.

****

'Sorry... Did we wake you? I was trying to be quiet.' Courtney says as Leah makes her way into the kitchen where Courtney is placing scrambled egg onto Bunny's highchair tray.

'No, it's fine...' Leah replies smiling as she makes her way over to the breakfast bar.

'Take a seat. Do you want some breakfast? I can do eggs?' Courtney asks.

'Mm... I actually need to head off, Court. I've got training in an hour and I need to head home to get my stuff.' Leah admits.

'Oh okay.' Courtney says quietly as she begins to scramble her eggs in a bowl. Taking a deep breath, Leah smiles and makes her way over to wrap her arms around the other woman.

'I had a great day with you yesterday. Thank you for being so patient.' Leah says softly before pressing a gentle kiss to the brunette's cheek.

'I had a great day with you as well. Thank you for arranging everything with the girls and I just- I meant what I said last night, Le. I'm not going anywhere.' Courtney replies turning her head slightly to face the blonde.

'A-ba!' Bunny squeals causing both women to laugh as they turn to face her.

'Alright, we know you're still here, Buns. We've not forgotten about you.' Courtney says smiling.

'I had a great day yesterday with you as well, Bunny.' Leah says smiling as she makes her way over to the little girl.

'See you later, little one.' Leah almost whispers as she runs her hand over the little girl's head.

'I'll walk you to the door.' Courtney says. They make their way to the front door and Leah immediately leans forward to press her lips against the brunette's.

'I'll speak to you when I finish training? If you're not too busy...' Leah says.

'Of course.' Courtney replies smiling.

****

'You're late...' Jonas says as Leah makes her way into the gym causing the rest of the girls to turn and look at her.

'I'm so sorry, Jonas. I fell asleep without setting my alarm last night.' Leah replies holding her hands up.

'Get to work before we head out onto the pitches.' Jonas says and Leah nods her head. Immediately she makes her way over to start her set exercises on the mat next to Lia.

'Fell asleep early or slept at your mystery woman's... Who Beth has not stopped yapping on about by the way.' Lia says causing the blonde to smile as she bites her bottom lip.

'We fell asleep on the sofa...' Leah replies shaking her head causing the other woman to smile.

'You look really happy, Le.' Lia says softly.

'I am.' Leah replies.

'Are you finally going to admit that maybe you guys are actually a bit more than friends then?' Lia asks.

'Maybe.' Leah replies smiling.

'How are you doing? How's things been? Have you spoke to Caitlin?' Leah asks and Lia shakes her head.

'No... I feel like she's avoiding me. Even earlier we arrived at the same time and she waited in the car until I'd got out and come inside before she got out.' Lia replies.

'Is she still staying with Katie?' Leah asks.

'Mm-hmm... Apparently Rue is back staying with Shebahn though so I don't know what's going on there either... You don't think-' Lia begins causing the blonde to shake her head.

'No, I don't think so. Neither of them are like that, Lia. Neither of them would risk the potential consequences that could have within the team.' Leah says.

****

'She okay?' Kim asks as she gestures towards Lia who has split from the blonde and made her way towards the showers.

'Mm... I don't think so. I think it's all getting to her and now she's worried that maybe something is going on between Caitlin and Katie. I've told her I don't think they'd go there but honestly I'm looking Kim and I just don't know anymore.' Leah admits shaking her head.

'Surely they wouldn't be so cruel? I need you to fill me in because honestly I don't actually seem to know what's going on... So Caitlin and Lia?' Kim asks and Leah glances around to ensure they're alone before pulling her into a little side room and closing the door.

'Right the other night, before the Man City game Caitlin basically went home and told Wally she couldn't do it anymore... She packed her bags and left. That was it, no explanation, nothing just gone.' Leah replies.

'And Wally didn't see it coming? I mean obviously both you and Jordan could see the break-up coming?' Kim asks and Leah shakes her head.

'No, she was blindsided. They had been talking about going on a holiday before the world cup, as far as Wally was aware they were happy.' Leah replies.

'Right, well that seems a little cruel but okay. Katie and Ruesha?' Kim asks.

'I don't really know what's going on with them. I had assumed they were still together but then Wally heard that Rue has moved back in with Shebahn and that Caitlin is staying with Katie... I don't know what's going on but she's devastated, Kim.' Leah replies causing the other woman to sigh.

'You can understand why if she didn't see it coming.' Kim says.

'Is this why she didn't come to Beth and Viv's yesterday?' Kim asks and Leah nods her head.

'I think the international break will do her good but right now she's just not in a good place.' Leah replies.

'How are you feeling about the break?' Kim asks.

'I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to see all the girls again.' Leah replies.