six

note: double update tonight as I likely won't be able to update tomorrow due to traveling to and from the conti-cup final (10 hour round trip 🙈)

'So you didn't tell me lover girl had a bambino...' Katie says as she drops down to sit on the empty seat beside the blonde causing her to sigh.

'Firstly, can you stop calling her that. Courtney and I are just friends, nothing more. Secondly, I didn't think I had to tell you everything... How did you find out?' Leah asks leaning her head against the coach window.

'Bumped into her yesterday in Boots... She had the little one with her, she's a proper little cutie.' Katie replies and Leah nods her head.

'I know.' Leah says softly.

'You know? Have you met her already?' Katie asks and Leah nods her head.

'Not intentionally... I went over after the Villa game the other week for a takeaway. We were just chatting and she woke up, wouldn't settle. I asked Courtney if she wanted me to leave but she said she was fine with me staying as long as I was fine with Bunny being there.' Leah explains.

'You guys have had a date already?' Katie asks grinning at the blonde who shakes her head.

'It wasn't a date, Katie.' Leah replies reaching for her phone as it vibrates on the table.

'Oh I bet that's lover girl.' Katie says.

'I swear to god Katie...' Leah replies shaking her head. Holding her hands up in self defence, Katie shrugs her shoulders and moves out of the seat next to the blonde.

'Just saying what I'm seeing, Le... Whatever she's doing, whatever is going on between you two I hope it continues because I like this new found happy, bubbly Leah. We've been missing her around here lately.' Katie says softly. Reaching over she gently squeezes the blonde's shoulder before making her way back to her seat with Caitlin and Vic. Glancing down at her phone, Leah can't help but smile as she reads the new message.

From Courtney:
Hope you smash it tonight! Will be cheering you on with home. Rooting for you always x

To Courtney:
Thanks, Court... Really means the world. I'll probably be home late tonight so speak tomorrow? Maybe we could arrange to meet up for lunch or something if you're not too busy? X

From Courtney:
Sounds great. As long as you're okay with Bunny coming along because I still don't really have anyone here to watch her? X

To Courtney:
Bunny is always welcome, you know that. If you're not comfortable going out for something then I completely understand. I don't mind eating in, I could arrange for something to get delivered X

****

Sliding her phone onto the coffee table, Courtney can't help but smile as she makes her way over to where Bunny is slamming her hands against the highchair tray.

'Right you little rogue... I think it's time for your bath, isn't it?' Courtney says lifting the little girl into her arms. She watches as she sleepily rubs her eyes before dropping her head to rest on Courtney's shoulder.

'My aren't you a tired little princess tonight... I'd say we could skip the bath but you seem to have managed to get that custard absolutely everywhere, including in your ears.' Courtney says smiling as she bounces the little girl causing her to giggle. She makes her way through to Bunny's bedroom where she grabs the little girl's towel and pyjamas before making her way through to the bathroom to run the bath. It doesn't take long for the bath to run and for Courtney to get Bunny undressed and sitting in her little bath seat.

'Scrub-a-dub-dub Bunny's in the tub.' Courtney sings as she gently washes the little girl who splashes her hands in the warm water. Being a mum wasn't really something Courtney had ever given much thought to growing up, throughout the years a few of her friends here and there had become parents and had children but until she found herself pregnant, she had no idea whether she ever wanted to have children.

'Ready for n'nights, Bunny?' Courtney asks softly as she finishes dressing the baby in some soft pink pyjamas. Cuddling Bunny against her chest, she makes her way through to the little girl's room and sits down on the rocking chair positioned in the corner of the room. The room is dark except for the dim light coming from the nightlight on the side table as Courtney adjusts her pyjama top to allow the little girl to nurse.

'When you think you're all alone, I'll wrap you up and I'll take you home. No matter what you're going through, I will look after you. When you get knocked down and you've had enough, Oh I'll be there to dust you off.'

Running her finger down Bunny's cheek, Courtney smiles as she sings softly and watches the baby's eyes become heavy. They haven't had the easiest journey but the fact that they're here, in their own little home in London having made it through the past eighteen-months is something that Courtney is extremely proud of because there were so many times when she didn't think she'd make it, when she didn't think she deserved to be a mum.

****

Climbing onto the coach, Leah sighs as she finds an empty seat near the front and immediately puts her earphones into her ears. She's shattered and frustrated after that game that ended in a goalless draw. What she really can't be bothered with right now is more questioning from Katie about Courtney. Sliding her phone out of her pocket she immediately types out a message before feeling a presence standing in the walkway beside her.

To Courtney:
On the coach now heading home. Hope you and Bunny have had a better night than I did. Speak to you tomorrow X

'Can I sit?' Kim asks causing the blonde to nod her head as she slides into the seat next to the window and takes out one of her earphones.

'You know tonight wasn't your fault, right? We put our all into it and there was nothing we could've done to change the result.' Kim says softly as she sits down.

'I know.' Leah replies nodding her head.

'Some of the girls are worried about you, Le. You perked back up for a while but now you're purposely sitting away from everyone, your sticking your earphones in and essentially just blocking out the team. What's going on?' Kim asks.

'I'm fine, Kim. Honestly I am doing much better than I was a few weeks ago but I just wanted some peace and quiet. I'm tired and my head hurts and I was hoping by putting my earphones in it would stop Katie coming to question me on my love-life or lack of it, I suppose.' Leah admits sliding her phone back into her pocket.

'Well I'm not going to question you on that because that's none of my business but you know where I am if you need to talk, Leah... What I will say is follow your heart, the rest will work itself out.' Kim says softly causing Leah to smile as she rests her head back against the back of the chair.

'I feel like a giddy teenager when she texts me. The other night I was going round for a takeaway after the game, just as a friend because she hasn't met anyone else in London yet, and I had butterflies. It's been so long since I've actually had butterflies, Kim.' Leah admits biting her bottom lip causing Kim to laugh.

'Like I said, Leah, follow your heart. If she's making you feel this way and if she feels the same way then what's the harm in seeing where it goes?' Kim says and Leah nods her head as she glances at the Scot.

'We're going to arrange lunch tomorrow I think.' Leah replies.

'Well you'll need to let me know how that goes, won't you?' Kim says smiling.

'Is there a spare seat for me up there with the others?' Leah asks and Kim nods her head.

'Always... You don't have to join us though if you don't want to. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.' Kim replies.

'Keep Katie under control and I'll come join you guys.' Leah says smiling.