Chapter 39

Chapter 39

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Im Ju Gyeong ran down the hallway in tears. This was it, her life was over there was no running away from the truth anymore. She was ugly. That's all she'd ever be.

She pushed past someone and ended up falling to the ground. It was then that Lee Su Ho rounded the corner.

"Im Ju Gyeong!" He walked over to her and noticed everyone staring. He kneeled and turned his attention back to his girlfriend. As she raised her head he noticed the tears streaming down her face. His eyes clouded with worry, "Ju Gyeong-ah..." He went to grab her hand but she slapped it away and ran off. Leaving him to watch after her.

Ju Gyeong continued to run down the hallway. She couldn't believe this was happening, how did anyone find out, who would do such a thing? She had only told 3 people: Han Seo Jun, Lee Su Ho, and Jin Kyung Soon. But none of them would do something like this, would they?

As she was about to round another corner when three girls stepped in front of her, causing her to come to a halt.

"Hey, Im Ju Gyeong." The bully girl tilted her head, "What? A goddess? What a joke. Bring this bitch with us."

The other girls grabbed Ju Gyeong and dragged her off to the bathroom. A crowd of people swarmed behind them, wanting to know what would happen. After all, they all hated Im Ju Gyeong for pretending to be something she's not, so why would they try and stop those girls?

They pushed her up against the far bathroom wall. Everyone watched as she cried and the leader of the bully girls stood in front of her with her arms crossed, "What kind of bullshit is it that you're a goddess?" She directed her followers once again to grab Im Ju Gyeong.

"What are you doing?" Ju Gyeong struggled against the girls holding onto her arms. Why her? Why was this happening? What did she do to deserve a fate like this?

"What? We just want to see your bare face." The leader feigned innocence as she brought a wipe to Im Ju Gyeong's face.

"Don't do that!"

"Why? It's fun!"

"Don't!" Ju Gyeong pleaded as tears continued to cascade down her face. Why did she ever get her hopes up? Did she expect things to stay perfect forever? She should have known that eventually, her past would catch up to her. How stupid and naive was she to believe everything would stay how it was...?

"I said stop!"

"Stop moving!"

"Look at the complexion difference already. Oh my!"

"I said don't do that!"

"Oh my, my, my." The bully leader continued to wipe Ju Gyeong's face and laugh with her friends as they all continued to make comments about how surprisingly different Ju Gyeong looked without makeup on.

It was then that someone grabbed her wrist and yanked her hand away from Ju Gyeong's face.

"Get your hands off of her!" Su Ho barked. He turned his head to look at his girlfriend. She stared back at him with her hair disheveled and her eyebrows furrowed above red and puffy eyes that glistened with tears.

She pushed past everyone and ran away again. Su Ho took after her, calling her name.

Han Seo Jun finally got to school after going home and changing into a different set of clothes. He still couldn't believe Kyung Soon didn't want him to walk with her... though he could understand her wanting to catch up with Im Ju Gyeong, it seemed like they didn't spend all that much time together anymore.