Chapter 11

Chapter 11

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"You started it." She stared him in the eyes as she listened to her heartbeat in her ears.

"Did I?"

"Yeah."

"I guess I have to make up for it then."

"And how will you do that?"

"By doing something I've been thinking about for a while..." he mumbled and slowly started to lean closer to the girl in front of him.

Kyung Soon could feel his breath against her lips and slowly reached her hand up to touch his cheek. Kyung Soon's eyes fluttered shut as she anticipated what was coming next.

"Han Seo Jun!" Cho Rong and the rest of the gang came running into the hallway, causing the two teens against the wall to pull away from each other in a hurry before their lips could meet.

"What?! What do you want that's so important?!" Seo Jun snapped.

"Why did you leave in such a hurry?" Cho Rong whined, "We got a bunch of photos of Lee Ju Heon and I even got his autograph!"

"I don't care about any of that." He turned and started to leave, "I can't believe you would ruin the moment for a stupid reason like that."

"'The moment'? What kind of moment?" Cho Rong asked as they all followed behind their friend.

Kyung Soon watched them go, baffled and confused. She felt like an idiot, how could he just walk away without a word to her after almost kissing her? She stared down the hallway in disbelief. Who the hell does he think he is??

***

"We're home!" Ju Gyeong called as she and Kyung Soon entered the house.

As they entered the house, Mrs Hong walked past holding a small trash bag. Im Ju stopped and pointed to the bag, "Mom, isn't that my makeup?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna throw it all away." She held up the bag.

"I haven't used them all yet. Why are you throwing them all away?"

"Should I just throw you away then?"

Kyung Soon stared in shock.

Ju Gyeong grabbed her bag and started pleading with her mother, "Save my makeup, please. It's my lifeline. On the upcoming exam, I'll get my rank up by 20! No, by 30! 30! Please!"

Her mom pulled the bag away, "I'd rather you say you'd use poop instead of bean paste."

"Mom! Please!" Ju Gyeong chased after her mother.

Kyung Soon couldn't help but chuckle. She left to head up to Ju Gyeong's room.

***

Im Ju sighed as she set up her vanity again, "I can't believe she would try and throw out my stuff." She whined.

Kyung Soon wanted to share her friend's annoyance but she couldn't stop thinking about earlier that day, "Han Seo Jun almost kissed me today."

"What?!" Ju Gyeong whipped her head around and gaped at her friend.

"Han Seo Jun was gonna kiss me and then his friends came and he walked away with them like nothing happened." She looked down at her phone, "He hasn't even texted me since then. I don't know what to think anymore."

"I-" Im Ju put down her things and walked over to her friend before sitting down next to her, "Jin Kyu-Ah, how do you feel about Han Seo Jun?"

"About Seo Jun?" She looked up at her friend who nodded with a small smile. "I guess... I think he's handsome, really handsome and I think... that he means it when he says he cares about me." She looked down at her hands as she fiddled with her fingers, "I want him to care about me and to never let me go, but- I think if it came down to it, and he had to, he would." Kyung Soon looked back up at her friend, "I believe he cares about me, but I don't know if he cares enough."