Chapter 3

Chapter 3

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Despite Kyung Soon originally asking Su Ho for help in science class and catching up on work, it was Soojin later that afternoon who helped her with catching up after asking the teacher if they could go to the library to work. She was thankful to finally have friends who seemed to care about her by her side.

"Math is so difficult..." Kyung Soon whined as she laid her head down on her textbook, "I'm never gonna understand this stuff..."

"Why not come with me to my tutoring sessions after school?" Soo Jin suggested, "They'll help you a lot if you're struggling to understand the material."

"You must study a lot to be second in the entire junior year..." she awed.

"Yea, I almost have no free time, but... anything to make my father happy I guess..."

"Your parents must be really proud of you, being second and all."

"If only." Soo Jin doodled on her paper, "They'd rather I be first, and if I ever drop below second it only gets worse..."

Kyung Soon sat up in her chair, "You mean they're not proud of you? That's awful..."

"Yea..." Soo Jin looked up at her friend, "But my father wants perfection out of me, my great isn't good enough for him."

Kyung Soon nodded, "I get it. My mom is the same way, I need to be perfect as in better than everyone else, no matter how hard I try I'm not pretty enough or smart enough, nothing is ever enough."

"Not pretty enough? You're gorgeous though!"

"Thanks..."

"Maybe even prettier than Ju Gyeong."

"Oh hush!" she laughed, "Now you're just saying things." Soo Jin laughed too.

"Shh!" The librarian snapped at them and the two girls hushed up and giggled quietly while they continued their work.

Soo Jin was a great teacher, Kyung Soon thought she may not even need the tutoring sessions. She was slowly beginning to understand English a little better and math was... getting somewhere at least. The other subjects came naturally to her, so all of that was easy to catch up on, she could even do it on her own if she needed to.

"Does that make sense?" Soo Jin asked.

"Yea, more than it did at least." Kyung Soon smiled, "Thank you for helping me. I was gonna ask Su Ho, but it's much better to learn with someone I know."

Soo Kin nodded, "Yea, Su Ho is so quiet. You don't want to study with him. Trust me."

Kyung Soon chuckled, "I'll take your word for it."

Soo Jin nodded, "Hey, by the way, don't tell

anyone what I told you about my father..."

"Of course. Your secret is safe with me." Kyung Soon zipped her lips, locked them and threw away the key.

Soo Jin laughed, "And I won't say anything about your parents either."

Kyung Soon nodded, "Thank you."

***

Later that night after Kyung Soon had gotten home, she knew she had to get the helmet back as soon as she could. The only problem was that she didn't know who her parents had donated it to and they probably wouldn't tell her.

"I'm screwed..." she mumbled as she buried her face into her pillows. She didn't know what to do, where to go, or where Han Seo Jun got the helmet so that she could just buy him a second one.