Chapter 18

Chapter 18

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Kyung Soon greeted Hyun Jin as he walked up to her with a smile. Now more than ever did she feel bad for the guy. After she spent the night at Han Seo Jun's house she had finally come to the conclusion that she was head over heels for Saebom High's bad boy. The way her heart raced when she saw him and just thinking about him put a smile on her face. The way he was the first person she thought of calling for help and the way his voice calmed her down from a panic attack. He cared about her enough to punch people in the face for her. She wanted him to like her back... and maybe he did, after the way he comforted her that night, it made her hopeful. Though in the back of her mind, she was still doubtful.

"Hey, how was the trip over here?" Kyung Soon smiled.

"It was nice. Went by quickly since I was messaging with you." Hyun Jin smiled. He held out his hand to Kyung Soon and gently squeezed her hand when she took it.

Hyun Jin was sweet and caring, but he deserved someone who felt the same way about him that Kyung Soon felt about Seo Jun. She wanted to treat him to a good time before she let him down gently and hopefully, they could finish their date as friends. She didn't want to hurt him and that's why she needed to reject him.

"So, what did you wanna do?" He asked.

"Umm... how about we go to the bookstore? I want to see if they have any comics that I want to check out."

Hyun Jin smiled, "Sure, we can do that."

She nodded and started to lead the way. Every interaction Kyung Soon had had with Ryu Hyun Jin had been pleasant. He was a gentleman and he wasn't creepy with the way he complimented her; he was just a boy who was head over heels.

"You like comic books?"

"Yeah, the art just emerges me in a way that's different from a novel."

"Mmh, that makes sense." He smiled at her and gently swung their arms, "Do you have any recommendations?"

She looked at him, "Huh? Recommendations?"

He nodded.

"Umm..." She looked away. He was even willing to get into her interests as well?! Was this guy straight out of heaven or something? She looked back up at him, "Well, I really enjoyed this manga called, 'I Want To Eat Your Pancreas'."

"'I Want To Eat Your Pancreas'?" He echoed with a slightly concerned look on his face.

Kyung Soon nodded, "Mmhmm. I cried like a baby after reading it but it was just so good that I would gladly read it again anytime. Made me realize that I shouldn't take life for granted."

"I'll have to read it sometime."

She nodded, "You'll have to let me know what you think." Assuming we're still friends after all of this...

***

After their trip to the bookstore, the two of them went to the mall to get boba (not knowing that Ju Gyeong and Seo Jun were also at the mall). Kyung Soon felt nervous as she sat at a table waiting for Hyun Jin to come back with their drinks. She had to tell him, even if Han Seo Jun liked Ju Gyeong and not her, it still wasn't right to date Hyun Jin while she had feelings for somebody else.

He came back with their drinks and sat down, "Is there anything else you wanna do after this?" He asked her.

She looked at him and then down at her hands in her lap, "Actually... there's something I wanna tell you..."