XII

"You bitch!" He started breathing heavily, "You and your whore of a mother planned to leave me, right?"

"What?"

He walked up to me and I stood up from the bed, my heart racing in my chest. Why had I told him?

I was so dead.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson, and when I'm done with you both, you will regret being born in this house."

My heart thudded loudly, I had been very foolish and now I was reaping the repercussions. His grip wrapped around my hand tightly and dragged me, I struggled with him.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled,

"Shut up you daughter of a whore! You are as useless as your mother is." He dragged me to his study and threw me on the floor,

He grabbed his cell phone and called someone.

"Enzo, bring the bitch. Seems like she hasn't learnt a lesson."

"Please don't do this..." I choke out, "I'm sorry, we weren't- it was all my fault, I told her-" I sniffed,

The door opened and my uncle threw my mother in, her weight crashing on the ground.

I could see her clearly now. Her sunken cheeks, red eyes...it hurt.

I did this. And I was going to do more just because I couldn't keep my stupid mouth shut.

"Mom!" I rushed to her side, but before I could get there, my father grabbed her and slammed her body against the wall.

A scream escaped from the back of my throat.

"Giovanni, this is not you." My mother's weak voice came through,

A resounding slap came after her plea, I gasped and ran to my father, holding his leg tightly.

"Stop, just stop."

He flung me away immediately and my lower back collided with the table. I bit back the pain and stood up gingerly,

"Call him, the the bastard right now." He huffed,

Who was he talking about? My mother didn't say anything, she remained like a lifeless doll who he was struggling to hold up.

Why wasn't she talking?

"Are you deaf, Puta? Call the man whom you let stick his dick in you." He yelled at her face,

He dropped her carelessly and started pacing, my fear grew with every passing second.

"I'll call him, please... don't hurt her." I heard myself saying,

His eyes found my frame,

"Call him now!" He shouted,

I fumbled with the device before I put it on speaker,

"Are you here now?" I said shakily,

"Roxanne?" Came the person from the other side, "I'll be there soon, just hang on for me."

"Please be fast." I took a gulp of nothing and closed my eyes, willing the tears not to fall.

A few minutes later, the door busted open with a raging Enzo who was holding a man who was a bit smaller than him with a deadly grip.

His eyes said a lot. More than I could read.

"Fuck!" Giovanni ran to the door and landed a punch on the man's face,

The man laughed. He fucking laughed.

"Enzo is still your errand boy, I see." He wiped his mouth, giving my father a look of disgust,

His eyes caught mine for a quick second, like we were going to get out of this. We weren't.

They all had similar strikingly grey eyes that haunted me. They were all brothers.

"What is he doing here, Giovanni?" Enzo seethed, "He gave us all up a long time ago, if you do not tell me why he's here right now, I will put a bullet through his fucking skull."

"Leave us, Enzo." My father said with a deceptively calm tone,

"I-" he started protesting,

"Enzo," Giovanni spoke through his teeth,

With one last glance across the room, the earth-shattering sound of the door greeted my ears.

"Fight me like a fucking man, Giovanni. Been a while since you have done that since you have puppets like Enzo doing the dirty work for you." Stefano taunted,

"You fucking son of a bitch." My father punched him again,

Stefano smiled with bloody teeth.

"Same bitch that your father pumped bullets into when she was six months pregnant. How unfortunate." He punched back, and then it began.

They both fought like madmen and it was obvious Stefano was really losing. I took a harsh breath and attempted to crawl towards my mother.

Punch! Punch! Punch! Giovanni straddled Stefano as he delivered blow after blow to his face. This was all a nightmare I wished I could wake up from.

I didn't wake up.

"You fucked my wife and gave me your fucking daughter to take care of, thinking I wouldn't notice, huh?" Punch.

What the hell was he talking about?

"You damned piece of shit thought you could fool me?" Punch. "I am Giovanni Morelli, I would have eventually found out. Tell me, did you enjoy it when you fucked what was mine? Tainted, fucking destroyed her by putting your seed in her?"

No response.

My world was shattering. Giovanni had never told me that he wasn't my real father, my mother hadn't too. How long had they intended to keep this secret from me?

"You deserve a peaceful death." He pulled out his gun, "Rot in hell, brother."

A loud bang and that was it. Stefano was gone...our last hope diminished.

Giovanni stood up and dusted his pants, his knuckles busted and his shirt was covered with blood. He made a call and some minutes later, Enzo came in, unmoved by the scene in front of him.

"Call someone to take care of this, remove the woman from here. I'll deal with her later."

"No...!" I cried out, "Don't take my mother away from me."

"Step back, little girl." Giovanni's voice was as hard as steel,

"Please... I'll do anything, just don't hurt her."

He chuckled darkly, "Anything?"

"Please..." I begged him,

I wasn't ready to lose my mother. I had to apologize...all that happened was clearly my fault, I had started this and I didn't want my mom to end it.

"You will get married."

A/N:
My chapters were named with help from my sister. She's 13 and currently in SS1 (which is 10th grade, I guess) I left secondary school a while ago, and I'm too lazyyyy to ask Google, so if the Roman numerals are wrong, let me know.