III

"Are you just going to sit down there?" He nodded his head towards me,

"No, no...no. I'm crazy. This is not real. I'm dreaming." I quickly stood up,

"I might have to support you on the crazy part." He walked towards me in two successive strides,

"Don't try that again." He sounded serious,

I opened my mouth to-
To do what?
To talk? To faint?

"Don't try what?" I finally decided to say,

"Don't scream so loudly next time."

"Wha- what?" I shook myself out of his grip, and he surprisingly let me go, "You just killed two men in front of me." I was panicking, and when I panicked, I tended to ignore the obvious things I should be doing - like running, instead of conversing with a killer.

"Just one, actually. Your bodyguard was just..." He wrinkled his nose, "Unfortunate."

"And you are Damien, as in Damien Sovetsky." I said, my tongue feeling like cotton,

"The princess doesn't go out much?" He asked slowly,

I shook my head rapidly and nodded at the same time.

He let out a burst of laughter, that same one that was able to send genuine chills down my spine. At this moment, my fear overpowered my hatred.

"Please... I just want to go back." My gaze clashed with his, and he studied my face slowly,

He raised his right arm and I flinched, but his left hand was already gripping my arm tightly, his fingers finally rested on my forehead, and they trailed down to my lips, smearing the blood delicately on my face.

My heart started racing and I suppressed a shudder,

"Such a beautiful princess. I can see why he kept you away from me for so long."

Something clogged my throat.

"What do you mean?" I summoned up the courage to ask,

He didn't reply. He just continued studying me in a way that made me nervous.

"Go." He suddenly released me, I drew a harsh breath in and staggered, "I said you should leave!" He wasn't yelling, but his voice came out as hard as iron,

I dared to sneak one more glance at him before I turned around...and ran.

***
I dropped down on my bed after an hour of washing out the blood that stained my body. At the same time, I couldn't get those ice-like eyes from my head.

They haunted me at this point.

"Be still, my heart." I said loudly and laughed,

Gosh, I was going crazy. I could still feel his fingers on my face, it was a feather-like touch and it wasn't at the same time. I stood up and walked to the long mirror that stood opposite my bed.

I wasn't much to look at, honestly. My black hair was hung in a bun atop my head and my big green eyes seemed dull. They lacked life and vibrance.

In one swift motion, I pulled off the translucent nightgown from my body, leaving it bare. I gasped as my hand trailed my left breast and down to my waistline. I fixed my eyes on my reflection, slowly sliding my hands up to my breasts, feeling them grow harder with each touch. I moaned quietly, my fingers squeezing my nipples.

I was a virgin. A fact I wasn't ashamed of, but that didn't mean I did not explore my body. It had just been a while since the need...

I sighed as blue eyes flashed through my head. I gulped like something bitter was stuck in my throat.

I couldn't believe I was doing this.

I bit my lower lip, feeling the heat between my legs. I moved my hands down to my clit, teasing myself with the softest touch. I felt a surge of pleasure as I touched myself. My fingers found their way into my folds, and I gasped at the sensation of being filled by them. I let out a soft moan as my fingers slid in and out of me, feeling the heat and wetness. I moved my hips in rhythm with my fingers, feeling the pleasure build inside me. My eyes closed as I lost myself in the moment, feeling every touch and sensation.

I could see his face, the structure of his lips...his fingers on...

"Oh." I gasped,

I could feel my body responding to the pleasure, my nipples hardening and my clit throbbing. I moved faster, feeling the tension building inside me. My breath came in short gasps as I neared the edge of orgasm. As I reached that point of no return, a wave of pleasure washed over me and I cried out in ecstasy. I stood there, panting and trembling, as the aftershocks of my orgasm rippled through me. Dread quickly squashed the feeling as my eyes widened against the heavy blush on my cheeks.

I had just touched myself whilst thinking of my father's rival. Shame washed over me, quenching the desire I felt. I took a deep breath...I was about to walk away from the mirror when someone burst into my room.

I gasped and rushed to the bed, wrapping my blanket over my body. My door was never closed, and I felt unsafe day after day because I lived in a house full of men.

My uncle's eyes narrowed on my almost naked body,

"Where were you, you spoiled slut?"

"What?" My voice came out roughly, I had still not recovered from the shock I went through,

"We were under attack and you went to see some man?" He paused, his eyes searching widely, "Where is he? You've hidden him right?"

He came over to where I sat and grabbed my arm roughly.

"What?! What are you doing? Leave me alone!" I yelled, the blanket almost slipped from its place but I tightly secured it with my other hand.

He still continued pushing me, so I bent my head down and bit his hand with force. He let out a loud hiss and removed his hand from mine.

The sound of our labored breathing filled the room, and he stared at me, his eyes blazing with fury.

It was then I knew I had fucked up.