Stockholm syndrome}21Carti

A pathway beautifully carved in pink and white rose petals trailed on and behind a corner. Candles were staged on either side of the path at equidistance. They were scented. A sweet, mildly, intoxicating scent. Soft music was playing from somewhere. A melodic slow sound that was both calming and relaxing yet romantic in a way. The night was warm with the occasional light breeze. Stars sparkled on the open sky, sealing the atmosphere perfectly.

Jordan blinked, twitching his nose as he inhaled more of the sweet scent. He stood at the edge of the petal path completely in awe. The sight was beautiful, to say the least. However, he couldn't help but wonder if he was in the wrong place. He had been summoned. Given directions to this specific place right after his evening bath.

He had on a black lace robe that was long enough to leave a trail behind him. There was nothing underneath the robe, and he left it open, exposing his chocolate skin, bare chest heaving up and down slowly as he breathed. From the waist down were silk black pants. The fabric was so delicate that it gleamed in the candlelight.

Jordan looked around, hoping to see anyone that would guide him on how to proceed, but no one was in sight. He sighed, deciding to just follow the path on impulse.

The petals tickled his feet in the softest way as he walked. He was barefoot. He stopped for a moment, looking back. He felt like he was damaging the pretty flowers as he trampled all over them. Not seeing any visible damage, he continued walking more cautiously this time round. As he steadily walked on, curiosity and anticipation continued to bubble within him. What awaited him ahead? There was only one way to find out.

He made the turn at the corner ready to feed into his curiosity. He froze into place, a surprised gasp involuntarily escaping his lips while his eyes widened in awe. As he blinked, trying to take in the site before him, he was vaguely aware of the fact that he had never seen something so beautiful.

The flower trail ended at a nicely set table under an open tent like structure. There were dangling shimmering lights, which seemed like sparkling diamonds floating around. The moonlight shone bright in the sky, reflecting its silvery light on the black glassy surface of the lake in the background. There was no breeze. Just calm and serene.

On the side of the tent where the trail ended stood a tall figure dressed in all white. Jordan blinked, focusing now on the male a few meters ahead. It was a man. A man he knew yet was a stranger in so many ways. A man who had barged into his life six years earlier with not so much as a warning. A man who possessed the title of husband - his husband.

Jordan watched the man who had his hands pocketed with a puzzled look. He had so many questions, yet he knew the answers wouldn't come as easily as he would like. He could feel the man watching him back. Eyes studying him from head to toe. He thought after six years of being married to the man and receiving this same burning gaze, he would be used to it, but no. Every time he felt the burning gaze and every time he wondered what was going through the male's head as he scrutinized every single inch of his body that was visible to the naked eye. He never once voiced his question, though.

After what seemed like hours, sheyaa stuck his hand out of his pocket and extended it out towards Jordan. The male looked down for a second before slowly making his way towards him at a steady pace. Head still held down, Jordan stopped right in front of sheyaa. He then placed his hand delicately into sheyaa's extended one. Sheyaa then pulled him closer, their bodies brushing a bit. Jordan immediately inhaled the male's familiar scent. Strong and pleasant, just as he remembered. Jordan then looked up, catching sheyaa's gaze.

"Hey?" Sheyaa had a quasi smile playing on his lips.

"Hi." Jordan replied.

"Took you long enough." Sheyaa mumbled softly, guiding Jordan to a seat. He pulled it out and waited till Jordan was seated.