sTrUnG oUt}21Carti

"You're late." Jordan sighed saying nothing as his boss continued to chew his ass out. He was only five minutes late anyway. The woman should even thank him he actually found the energy to get out of bed. He had seriously contemplated letting himself drown in his tub but like always something held him back and he ended up sitting up before the liquid flooded his lungs.

"m sorry." He mumbled staring at his feet as the woman continued to talk shit.

"Just get out of my sight before I consider firing you! You lucky I had a quickie before getting here. I'm in a good mood." The woman pushed past him heading to her office. Jordan sighed going to the changing room to put on his uniform.

He hated his job at this fast food joint. All he did was take out the trash and clean the toilets regularly. The pay was decent tho. Decent enough to put a roof over his head and the occasional meal when he was too hungry his stomach hurt. He'd been doing it two years straight. Before that he'd been cleaning club toilets and it wasn't that satisfying. Work was too much and the pay too little. Before that he was homeless.  He had been kicked out of the group home he lived in. So he couldn't exactly complain. He was at a much better position right now compared to when he was eighteen homeless and eating out of garbage cans. If you asked him, he'd tell you he's grown himself despite everything else.

He walked to the kitchen first to take out the trash and collect his cart which contained his cleaning supplies. He never paid anyone any mind. He never spoke unless spoken too and even that the question had to entail more than a yes or no for him to use words, otherwise he'd just nod or shake his head.

"Hey pretty boy." A female coworker greets him happily like she always does when she sees him. Like always he just nods walking to the two bins which contained the kitchen refuse.

"Honestly Liya ion even know why you try." Another coworker mutters eyeing Jordan up and down. This one always thought Jordan was stuck up because he stayed to himself all the time.

"Shut up Isaiah." The Liya girl said Jordan going about his business not paying them any mind. They didn't know his name. Nun of them did. Even his boss didn't. They all had various ways to address him and he never corrected them either. Mostly because he didn't care.

After throwing away the trash, he walked back into the kitchen grabbing his cart and off he was towards the toilets. They weren't as dirty as they would be in a few hours so he quickly cleaned up. They were just four stalls anyways. After that he replaced his cart and went to the back to wait another thirty minutes before he could go back to clean.

Over the two years he'd been here, he found himself a space to sit on outside secluded from everyone else and the buzz of the restaurant.

"Here boo. Enjoy." Lyia handed him a container with two sandwiches in it like she did every morning. He took it giving her a small nod which was enough for her. She was always so nice for no reason. Jordan never ate the sandwiches until he got home at night. Other times he would forget and just end up throwing it away in the morning. He wasn't ungrateful even though it may seem like it.

"I brought you a sprite today."she cheesed extending the drink to him. Jordan pursed his lips wondering why she did that. He stared at it for a second then took it. Only because she was looking at him with so much hope.

"Thanks." He mumbled just to be nice. She had been trying for so long might as well. She stood there shocked just staring at him before she sprinted back inside.

"Kennard, pretty boy just spoke to me!"

"Woman I don't give a damn! Run this orders-"

Jordan looked down at the food on his lap. He had twenty-five more minutes before he had to clean again. He sighed opening the dish. Without even realizing it, he started munching on the sandwiches.