fourty one

Author's pov

"Rehman Baba?" Abraham said, controlling his emotions.

Talib took a deep breath and looked at him.

"Is Taniya and Taha?" Abraham gulped hard as his throat felt dry.

Talib nodded, putting his old, wrinkled hand on Abraham's young one.

"How did you notice?" After a few moments of silence, Talib spoke.

"Taniya..." Abraham said, with moist eyes.

"She looks like Miraal Api," Abraham said, controlling his tears.

"Abraham, I don't want my grandchildren to get involved with you because even a mere knowledge of them related to you can cause them harm," Talib said with a heavy voice.

"Rehman Baba..." Abraham said, grabbing his palm.

"""

With the help of two servants, Taha reached the garden where Dishaan was sitting in a not-so-good mood, with many women standing there.

A bald man helped him sit on a chair.

Dishaan was checking his expression; he was sure that Taha would gawk at these women, but to his surprise, Taha lowered his gaze.

"So... Taha, meet them. Do you like any of them?" Dishaan spoke, seeing him still with his gaze lowered.

"What do you mean?" Taha asked, looking towards Dishaan.

"Come on, you know what I mean. After all, you are a man too," Dishaan said casually, leaning more on the crown of the couch.

"I am married," Taha said, looking at Dishaan with clenched fists.

Did he think of him as a low life?

"Oh, right, you are married. Did you hear, girls? He is married. You can go," Dishaan said mockingly, and within minutes, all eight women left.

"So, your sister is also married to my brother, right?" Dishaan asked, looking at Taha.

Confusion clouded his senses; he didn't have mere knowledge of Taniya's marriage.

"What do you mean?" Taha asked with a voice clouded by confusion.

"That your sister Taniya is married to my brother Shoaib, and the funny thing is, Shoaib is already in love with Shreya since teenage," Dishaan said, smiling mockingly.

And it felt like someone stabbed a knife in Taha's heart.

"You are lying, Dishaan bhai?" He asked.

Dishaan clicked his tongue.

"Why would I lie?" He asked.

Taha gulped, controlling his emotions. How could Shoaib get married to Taniya if he already love someone else?

"So let me tell Shoaib to force himself on your sister like you forced mine last night," he said, dialing a number on his phone.

When Taha stood up and grabbed Dishaan's collar in sheer anger.

"How dare you?" He seethed, still grabbing his collar, which made Dishaan stand up from his seat.

"Tsk tsk, control your anger. After all, Shoaib is now married to your sister," Dishaan said, freeing his collar from his grip.

"Why are you doing this?" Taha asked in anger.

"Because last night, you forced my baby sister," he said, correcting his collar.

"No... why would I force her?" Taha asked.

"Because she is denying you," Dishaan replied with a better tongue.

It feels inappropriate to discuss this, but his anger got the worst out of him.

"I am not like you, Mr. Malik," Taha said in anger.

"And don't you feel disgusted? Discussing the sex life of your sister?

"Don't you have shame?" He asked, controlling his anger because he was sure Rubab didn't tell him anything, so how did he know?

Is he taking their teasing session as forcing?

"So, a cheap man like you will tell me if I have shame or not?" Dishaan replied with clenched jaw.

"I am not cheap like you, Mr. Malik, who raped his wife while she was carrying your legacy, so don't you dare call me cheap," Taha seethed angrily.

**

"What happened to Miraal Aapi?" he asked, controlling his tears.

"Abraham, as you know, she was 18 years old when Talha and Miraal got married."

"She was just 18 when she ran away with Talha," Abraham corrected Rehman's word.

Rehman chuckled.

"Yeah, she ran away with my nephew because she didn't want to get married to that politician," Rehman said with sadness.

"The starting days of her life were miserable because she was a princess of this big castle," he said, roaming his eyes around the royal living room in gold and black.

0"While my nephew can only provide her necessity
"But she is content with her life because she is married to the love of her life," Rehman said.

Abraham took a deep breath to calm the storm inside him.

"And then Taha came into their life like a blessing; they both were beyond happy."

"Did Aapi never talk about us?" Abraham asked, gulping.

"Always. She always talks about Rabail, you, and even wanted to meet you when she got to know about her uncle and aunty's demise," he said.

Abraham let his tears fall this time.

"But for your family, she was considered dead, and she doesn't know if Rabail and you would ever want to meet her," he continued.

"How did she die, Rehman Baba? And when, Taniya?" he eagerly wanted to know about his sister's demise.

Rehman chuckled bitterly.

"As you know, she was already betrothed to a politician. After Taniya's birth, she wanted to meet you and Rabail, she wanted to share her happiness, thinking you both should accept her. But to her unfortunate self, her ex-fiancé shot Talha and Miraal as soon as they entered the way of Istanbul. Luckily, Taha and Taniya were with me in another car so they survived..."

Abraham broke into cries; his sister was killed at such a young age of 26?

"Sambhalo khud ko, Abraham," Rehman said, caressing his shoulder.

"Did Taniya and Taha know about it?" he asked, wiping his tears.

"No," he shook his head.

"I never told them because your name is a threat to my grandchildren. Also, I never gave Taha his father's name because even mere knowledge of him being related to Miraal could cause his death," Rehman said.

"Taniya looks like Miraal Aapi," he broke down crying badly.

"I am a miserable man, Rehman Baba. How could I not recognize my own blood?"

"They both are Miraal Aapi's emanet ,and here, how badly I beat Taha," he broke, remembering his torture.

"Abraham, control," he said.

"I will tell them that I am their mamu," he said, getting up, wiping his tears roughly.

*******

How's the chapter?

Like the twist?