thirty four

Author's pov

"It's been 7 days, Abraham. Why is my daughter not opening her eyes?" Sunidhi yelled at him while crying.

He looks towards Rubab's unconscious frame resting on bed and takes a deep breath not replying to Sunidhi's question

"Tell me Abraham Why she is not opening her eyes? It's only because of  you just burn your ego you egoist man "she yelled hitting his chest with both of her palm

"Calm down, Sunidhi," Daneen interrupted.

"Calm down? Seriously, his temper always causes destruction!" she yelled painfully.

"If he had listened to us before ruining that wedding, then Rubab would be alright right now," she cried, now grabbing his collar.

His jaw clenched in anger, but he is controlling himself for everyone's sake. Only he knows how much worry and emotional turmoil he is struggling with.

His gudiya, his delicate flower, has been laying in bed lifeless for the past 7 days, and now Sunidhi is blaming him.

Fisting tightly, he rushed out of the room and walked to the basement...

His angry, bloodshot eyes clearly indicate his wrath.

"Doctor, what happened to her?" Daneen asked in worry.

"Miss Malik, she is not injured except for that cut on her side of the head."

"Then why is she not waking up?" Sunidhi asked, controlling her emotions.

"Did she have any past trauma?" the doctor asked, looking at Daneen and Sunidhi.

"What are you asking, doctor?" Daneen asked.

"Listen, I'll be really honest with both of you. Physically, she is completely fine, but..."

"But what, doctor?" Daneen asked worriedly.

"But her mind is not supporting her body. That's why she is unconscious. Her mind is not supporting her body movements," the doctor said.

"Maybe some past trauma is not letting her recover from this nervous breakdown," she said further.

When Rubab was 1 year old, Shahmeer Malik and Rabail had an accident. She lost her parents in that accident.

Being the political face of Istanbul's biggest political party, Rabail and Shahmeer's sudden death became headlines for all media channels.

Abraham and Sunidhi made sure that Rubab would not get affected by all those news.

But she saw her parents' bloodied bodies on the TV screen along with Dishan near them in injured condition.

She wants to save her parents, but she feels helpless as she can't get into the TV screen and touch her parents' bodies and wake them up. After seeing their dead bodies on TV, she got petrified.

She cried and cried a lot. She wants her parents, but she can't save them.

Noticing her condition, Sunidhi took her to Lucknow for the last rites of her parents, and that little soul got to realize that her parents are gone forever.

Rubab had a nervous breakdown, but that time Sunidhi and Abraham saved her with lots of dua and medical treatment, and they left her in India for her own good because Istanbul is still not getting over Rabail Malik's death.

And after the whole 21 years, she witnessed the same scene she saw 21 years ago. But the difference is, in the past, she witnessed her parents' bloodied bodies, and now she saw her husband laying on the floor with a pool of blood and her mamu beating him to death.

Somewhere in her long-lost memory, she connected dots from her parents' death and thought she lost the love of her life.

She had a nervous breakdown and has not been conscious for the last 7 days.

"Just burn your medical degree, doctor. How could this even be relatable?" she yelled in anger, terror, and worry flooded Sunidhi's senses, remembering the condition of 1-year-old Rubab.

"Sunidhi, calm down," Daneen tried to calm her down.

"Pardon me, Mrs. Abraham, but it is a one-of-a-kind medical condition your niece is struggling with her past trauma. I think she saw someone dearer to her dying in front of her eyes," she said.

Only Taha's name came to Sunidhi and Daneen's mind. Did Abraham really kill him in front of her eyes?

"We are doing our best just to pray for her well-being," she said, leaving after giving a consoling squeeze to Sunidhi's scattered form.

"It's all my mistake, Daneen. If I had controlled my emotions and voice that day, then Abraham would not have found out about this, nor would he have ruined everything in rage," she cried, sliding from Daneen's hold.

"No, Sunidhi, it's not your fault. We have to be strong, you know? Rubab needs us," she said, sitting on the floor and hugging Sunidhi's scattered form.

"No... no... she needs that man, Taha, Daneen. She needs Taha. If she needs us, then she will surely open her eyes by hearing my worry and painful sobs," she cried even more.

Daneen's eyes also welled up.

"Daneen, find that man, Taha, no matter what. I want my gudiya to be fine," she pleaded like a child.

She nodded

"Daneen, what if Abraham really killed him?" she asked, panicked.

"Sunidhi, calm down. You are a strong woman. Everything will be alright," Daneen said, rubbing her back soothingly.

"I am not a strong mother, Daneen. I can't see my daughter like this, lifeless.  There is a huge difference between a woman or mother, I swear, if I had known how emotionally she is involved with that man, I would have helped her be with him," she cried, telling Daneen.

"Shhhh, his sister and an old man are with Shoaib right now. I think shoaib Marry his sister out of sympathy, I will tell Shoaib to take her. She must know everything about her brother," Daneen said, kissing Sunidhi's forehead.

Sunidhi closed her eyes, only to let more tears fall down.

If taha is dead then hope of her daughter's well being is also dead and she will never forgive Abraham for this if anything happens to rubab..

"Find taha Aasif daneen"she plead again

"I will, just pray that he is alive" she said

********

How's the chapter?

Do you want a  happy ending or French ending?