nineteen

Authors pov

Abraham was crying in prostration while Sunidhi completed her namaz, now waiting for her husband to finish it.

Her face was wet due to tears, and her eyes were swollen, with dark circles visible on her pretty face.

Abraham got up from sajda, wiped his tears with the back of his hand, sat beside Sunidhi, and put his head on her lap, closing his eyes.

"Biwi... why am I always tested in this way? It's been a month, but there's no news of Ayesha(rubab)," he said with closed eyes and quivering lips.

Sunidhi caressed his head and replied, "Because Allah knows that Anam and Ayesha are the sole reason for your life and he test them with our most beloved thing."

"Biwi, I have become weak; my body is no longer youthful," he said, kissing the back of Sunidhi's hand.

"You are very strong, Mr. Ahmad," she replied, returning the kiss.

"Wife, Anam's condition was very different when she was kidnapped. People were afraid of my name then, but this time they targeted my niece," tears flowed from his eyes.

They didn't know she is my niece, they kidnapped her to avenge daneen"he completed

Just then, Daneen walked in with Dishaan and Anam. They wiped their tears and looked at them.

"Abraham, because of your mistake, we haven't reached Rubab yet," Daneen said in a rage-filled tone.

"What did you just say, Daneen?"
Sunidhi asked in a mere whisper.

She blamed him because he killed randhir and ranvijay in rage .

"He is the reason we haven't found her yet; it's his fault," she said.

Abraham was numb, realizing that his power and money seemed useless at that moment. He listened without saying a single word.

"How dare you, Daneen! Perhaps you forget that Rubab was kidnapped due to your personal enmity this time," Sunidhi shouted in anger. Dishaan and Anam remained silent, knowing how sensitive she is about Rubab.

"Sunidhi, woh tumhare akele ki aziza nahi hai. Shayad tum bhool rahi ho ki woh mere marhoom bhai ki aakhri nishani hai," Daneen replied in rage.

"Haa, mujhe yaad hai woh tumhare bhai ki aakhri nishaan hai. Isi wajah se to uska kidnap hua hai, kyonki uska naam tumse juda hai," Sunidhi shouted in anger.

"Meri wajah se?" Daneen asked in disbelief, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Aesa kaise keh sakti tum, Sunidhi? Tum janti ho mujhe Rubab jaan se bhi zyada aziz hai mujhe," she said.

"Jaan se zyada aziz hai to jaan q ki nhi  laga rahi ho use dhundne me?" she asked, crying with anger evident in her voice.

Daneen came close to her and wiped her tears.

"It's not time for a blame game, my best friend," Daneen said, wiping her tears.

Hearing the word 'best friend' after so many years from Daneen felt like a foreign concept.

Sunidhi hugged her tightly and, with hiccups, said, "Woh sirf 17 saal ki Daneen hai, is zamane se aur jism ke bhukhe mardon se bilkul bekhabar. Maine meri rooh roo rahi hai har roz uska soch kar, na jaane kis haal me hongi meri phool si bachhi" she said, crying.

"Woh Shahmeer Malik ki beti hai, Sunidhi. Uske baap ne kabhi kisi ka galat nahi kiya, to uski aulad ke sath Allah kaise galat hone dega?" she replied, consoling her.

"Ye bas imtehan hai hamara, meri dost. Allah hamari bachhi ko sahi salamat ghar wapas layega. Bus thoda sabr se kaam lo," she said, and Sunidhi nodded.

"Phupho sahi keh rahi hai, bhabhi," Anam said, wiping her own tears.