thirty seven

Author's pov

Around 2 o'clock in the night, Taha came to Rubab's room with the help of Shahram and Afshaan because his legs were injured.

They left him at the door and went to their respective rooms.

They were sure that Abraham had found out about Taha's absence in the basement, but his lack of reaction was scaring Shahram and Afshaan.

The door was ajar, so he entered without making any noise because he was an expert in this.

But upon reaching there, his throat went dry upon seeing the scene in front of him.

Rubab was in deep slumber due to medicine.

And Abraham was sitting beside her sleeping figure.

Rabial's wall-sized portrait was set above Rubab's bed.

"I'm sorry, Aapi. I'm not a good brother," he cried while looking at his sister's portrait.

"Taha rooted in his place silently."

"Aapi, main bahot bura bhai huna?" he asked, like a child staring at his sister's portrait.

"Dekhein na, Rubab ki is halat ka zimmedari bhi main hoon," he cried.

Taha's lips were dry, and his eyes were shocked seeing this side of this ruthless man sitting on the bed.

"No one understands me, Aapi. No one. Everyone sees my rudeness, but none wants to see the child crying blood tears within me," he cried, his face wet with tears.

"Aapi, I just want to give Rubab a life full of happiness. I never intend to snatch that innocent girl, Taniya's, happiness," he cried.

Taha is in deep shock seeing this sensitive side of Abraham. He is talking to Rabial's picture like she is sitting in front of him.

"Aapi, I'm sorry. I failed as a brother, uncle, and husband. Sunidhi is blaming me for all this. Rubab is sick and facing trauma because of me. I am responsible for all this," he said, crying like a child.

"No one is understanding me. How could I give my baby, my little Ayesha, to a trained terrorist?" he cried more.

And now, Abraham's words pierced Taha's heart.

Reality hit him hard that Abraham is not against their love but his work.

"Aapi... I never wanted to become a don, you know that. But when Mama Baba left, the only thing that felt right to make you and Anam safe and sound is being a don," he cried.

"Aapi, only I know how many enemies I have. I can't risk Rubab's life, Aapi. She is your last nishaani," he cried.

Now it's unbearable for Taha to see his miserable condition, and he understood Abraham's point of view very well.

He turned to leave, but his legs stuttered, and he grabbed the knob to support himself, which turned Abraham's attention towards him.

Abraham wiped his tears roughly and stood from the bed.

Taha looked at him and balanced himself.

"Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" he asked, gritting his teeth.

"I came to see Rubab," he said confidently, "because he is her haq halal's sohar."

Abraham strode in long steps, but his next action amused Taha.

He helped him by putting his hand on his shoulder and walked him to the couch.

He made him sit and also sat beside him.

"I am sorry..." Taha started speaking.

But Abraham interrupted.

"You know I forced my younger sister into marriage with Dishaan," he said, looking towards him.

Confusion was clear in Taha's blue orbs.

"And see, maqafat e amal, you forced my most precious baby into marriage," he chuckled bitterly.

"See, in what condition she is just by looking at your unconscious state," he said, looking towards Rubab's sleeping frame.

"And as much as I know life is uncertain in your line of work, so do you ever imagine Rubab's state after you?" he asked.

"Life and death are in Allah's hands," Taha replied.

"Exactly, but if you want to be with Ayesha for the rest of your life, you have to leave your work," he said, like an order.

But his words made him sad at the same time because what work would he do if not selling weapons?

"I don't know if you love her or not, but she loves you, and since childhood, I've given her everything she wants, and now she wants you, so prove your love for her and leave this work," he said, getting up.

Taha was shocked. He is the same man who tortured him just to leave his niece, and now, how?

"One more thing, I am not ashamed of what I did to you and that Navruz."

"You know Navruz?" Taha asked, getting up with help from the couch.

"He was into women trafficking," Abraham said, looking at Taha.

"What?" he asked, shockingly. How could he not be aware of this?

"I am just feeling bad for Taniya, but it's better to hurt once than bear a lifetime of pain," Abraham said.

Taha's confusion clouded his gaze as he met Abraham's.

"Mr. Taha Aasif, I have known about you from day one but didn't punish you because you saved Rubab from being ra..." he gritted his teeth.

"And the torture I gave you is because you forced my baby into this marriage, nothing else."

"If you leave this work for Rubab's sake, I will help you in rebuilding yourself."

"And also, your sister is now married to Rubab's cousin, so don't worry about her," he said, walking towards the door when Taha spoke.

"So it's all your plan to kill Navruz?" he asked.

"Well, yes, but on the same day, I got to know about your forced marriage with Rubab, which fueled my rage," he said.

"So you don't want to separate us?" he asked.

"You both are bound by Allah in this nikah. Who am I to separate you?" he asked, looking at him.

"Then those...?" he started.

"It was all planned to kill Navruz because that bastard ruined many innocent souls by binding them in nikah and later selling them for money."

"But in this scenario, I never knew that Rubab is this much emotionally involved with you," he said, looking at Rubab's sleeping figure.

"Beating you is my frustration and your punishment for forcing her into marriage. Also, I know that my son helps you out from the basement," he said.

"But..." Taha was in deep shock.

"You are so naive, dear terrorist. Do you think I will leave you alive if I want to kill you?"

"Tsk tsk... I never wanted to kill you. I am just testing your patience for my Ayesha," he sighed deeply.

Seeing taha's shock and confusion clouded gaze he said

"I am a don, Taha Aasif, remember that," he said, leaving the room, leaving Taha in shock.

But he is sure to leave his work for Rubab.

Because even he doesn't know how much he loves her.

*******

Tell me how's the chapter?

And i don't think I will complete it before Ramadan 😞😞