twenty four

Rubab's pov

Next day, I was busy with Taniya aapi for all the wedding stuff and preparation.

Only 2 days are left, and lots of work is still pending.

Starting today, some guests are coming from Afghanistan, their old home.

That Faiza will also come, which makes me furious.

Afshaan is enjoying because all day he will roam around and flirt with village girls, but the funny thing is they never pay any heed to him.

Because beauty and charm are usual things in Turkey.

Charm, yeah, Afshaan is almost a doppelganger of Dishaan bhai; he will look like him in adulthood.

After packing dresses for Bari , I retired to my room.

I didn't even catch a single glimpse of him the whole day.

I take off my dupatta and am about to go to the bathroom but stop upon hearing a knock.

"Bhabhi... Taniya aapi knocked again."

"What happened aapi?" I asked, inviting her in.

"Please try this green lehenga choli; it's really weird, bhabhi," she complains like a child.

"Weird? What's weird about this lehenga?" I asked, confused.

"Bhabhi, I literally ordered this Sabyasachi lehenga for my mehndi, but see, even though it's too costly, there is no fabric in the midriff," she whines like a child.

"And that's it, I burst into laughter."

She gives me a hooded eyes look, and I control my laugh.

"Aapi? Who suggest you buying a Sabyasachi lehenga?" I asked, still controlling my laugh.

"Navruz gave me a cell phone some time ago," she starts.

"Hmm... then?" I asked.

"So I just searched on Google, 'best designers in India,' as I always wanted to dress like an Indian, just like Sanjay Leela Bhansali's female protagonist," she speaks further.

God Bollywood....

"Um hmm... then?" I was listening to her patiently.

"So, seeing Sabyasachi, I immediately jumped on it, but this turned out to be too revealing, and tomorrow is my mehndi," she yells frustrated.

"It's okay, aapi. I will arrange another green dress for you," I said.

"No, I only want Indian attire," she demands like a child.

"Okay, I will arrange Indian attire, and you know what? I have one in my wardrobe," I said, cheering her up.

"Really?" Her eyes light up in happiness.

I nod.

"Then show me," she squeals happily.

I open my wardrobe and take out a green Lucknowi gharara and show it to her.

Her eyes widen upon seeing that gharara.

"Bhabhi, it's too pretty! Can I have it?" She asks excitedly.

I nod.

But I don't know what she thinks, her smile vanishes, and she mumbles sadly.

"But what will you wear tomorrow?"

" this", I point towards the Sabyasachi lehenga in her hand, and we both burst into laughter.

"Bhai will kill every man who sees you in this attire," she says during laughter, and her words kick an idea into my mind.