four

Taha's pov

At around 5 AM, my eyes opened, and with heavy eyelids, I saw that Rubab's body was completely pressed against mine.

For the first time in my life, I had slept next to a girl, I mean, I had shared a bed with a girl. I had always spent my nights alone, and women were just a source of pleasure for me. I had never immersed them in the embrace of shared sleep. But today, I don't know why, holding this delicate girl in my arms brought me the most peaceful sleep of my life.

Suddenly, the sound of a phone startled me, and I quickly got up from the bed. I placed the stuffed panda next to her, but before I went to the window, I saw Rubab searching for her phone in her sleep. So, without wasting time, I bent down and quietly moved behind the wall. Perhaps this wall was designed for this, as on the other side of the wall, there was a small study table and a large couch.

I started peeking towards Rubab through the small circles in the wall. After a while, she woke up and, closing her phone, yawned.

Her hair was messy, and her shirt had ridden up, revealing her skin on her chest and belly. Suddenly, she looked around and smelled something. Then, she held the panda and innocently said something in her sleepy voice, which made me chuckle.

"Mr. Panda, when did you start drinking? Don't you know drinking is forbidden? Allah will punish you."

How innocent this girl is, the whole night she didn't smell any alcohol, and now that i am not that close, she smells it? Crazy girl.

Then she got up from the bed, heading towards the cupboard, and started unbuttoning her shirt. My inner devil awakened.

"No, girl, what are you doing? You haven't worn a bra. Stop this." Unfortunately, she had undone all the buttons and turned towards bathroom. Maybe she was going to the bathroom?

I had a good opportunity to leave, but I wanted to know why she was taking her clothes to the bathroom at 5 in the morning. Is she insane?I shook my head and after some good minutes, i looked in the direction of the door as I heard the sound of it opening.

Maybe she had taken a shower; water was dripping from her hair, face, and hands. She was wearing a cream-colored suit and was gently drying her hair with her soft hands.

Seriously, who takes a shower at 5 in the morning? And with the alarm blaring? I felt really weird. Is she an alien? Her beauty doesn't seems human .

Oh, Taha, think rationally.

Then she did something that left me in complete awe for a moment, and my heart stopped for a while.

After drying her wet hair, she tied it into a loose braid, then took out a large scarf from the cupboard and draped it like a prayer scarf. In that attire, she looked even more beautiful, as if she had descended from the heavens.

She searched for something on the table, then spread a prayer mat on the ground. At that moment, the truth hit me like a punch in the gut.

Had she set an alarm for prayer? Had she bathed so early for prayer? Thinking about my sinful actions, I felt furious at myself for spending the night with such a virtuous girl without her knowledge. How heavy my sins must be, to let you down like this.

Thinking about my mistake, tears welled up in my eyes; for the first time in 15 years, tears filled my eyes. Rubab prayed with deep devotion and tranquility, as if she had forgotten everything in front of Allah.

She raised her hands in prayer, and my ears caught something that made my tears unstoppable.

"Dear Allah, you know that there is no one for Rubab except you. Even my parents left for you without seeing Rubab. Please grant Rubab patience and strength to succeed in life." She began sobbing.

I don't know why, but her tears felt like someone had plunged a hot dagger into my heart. Her continuous tears and stifled sobs left my soul and heart trembling.

After crying for quite some time, she bowed down in prostration, kissed the prayer mat, and stood up. As long as she cried, a burning dagger remained in my heart.

Rubab went to the other side of the room, taking advantage of it, I quickly moved towards the window and climbed down using a pole. My heart longed to sit by her side and comfort her, but what would I say to her? How could I tell her that I had held her in my arms at night without her consent and knowledge? Had I taken advantage of her exhaustion? Even thinking about it made me angry at myself. How could I stain the innocence of a girl? What was her fault that my heart and soul had become tainted?

I hurriedly went towards my car, opened the door, and sat in the driver's seat. Once again, I looked in the direction of Daneen Malik's house and made a promise to myself.

"I will try my best to stay away from you, Rubab. An angel like you can never be in the destiny of a devil like me...

Forgive me for my shamelessness, if you can..."

*********
Please don't forget to comment and vote 🙏🙏