The beginning of the end

Evan's PoV

"This is weird right ... everything that's going on and we have to just go to school and act like the avengers aren't splitting in half" Peter whispers as we stand at my locker. "Yeh it's weird Pete. Did you get the same text from Tony?" I ask him showing my phone.

Playboy - Evan... cap, Sam and Bucky escaped. We have 36 hours to bring them in or the government step in. Im assuming your on my side with this so ... meet me at the compound later today...Tony

Peter looks up at me after reading the message and nods "yeh I got the same message...do you think the others did too?". I look round Peter watching Yelena and Kate walk towards us. The two of them laughing as they walk down the halls. "Hi Baby" Kate smiles stepping up to us and wrapping her arms around my neck. Her lips hitting mine briefly with the greeting before she turns her head to Peter "hi my baby's brother". "Hi my sisters annoying girlfriend" he sighs rolling his eyes as Yelena punches him "that's my best friend you dick". "Hey Evan ..." I turn round to see gwen standing in front of me with her physics book. "Oh hey gwen" I reply watching Kate turn quickly to face the blonde girl, the glare boring into gwens eyes. "You ok?" I ask smiling at the girl noticing Kate's grip on me tighten. Kate has nothing to worry about ... nothing at all but ... it's funny to mess with her. "Yeh I was wondering if you had plans after school today? To do our physics experiment?" She asks avoiding looking at my suddenly unfriendly girlfriend. "I can't today gwen ... I'm sorry ... I already have plans that I can't cancel but yeh maybe another day" Kate looks at Gwen with a smirk till she realises what I said and her face turns to me. "You have plans today?" She asks as I look at her and nod briefly before turning back to Gwen. "But definitely another day Gwen... you can come round mine?" I say watching her nod as a blush covers her face. "That sounds good Evan ... see you" she replies before turning and walking away. "And what plans do you have?" Kate asks again as I turn to her. Yelena noticing Kate's tone straight away coughs "Evan's in trouble". I smile bitchily at Yelena before turning back to Kate "Tony called me and Peter in... did yous not get a message?" I ask the two who share a look. "Em ... no ... cap actually messaged us" Kate whispers and looks away from me as we realise where we both stand. "Oh ... ok ... well ... this'll be fun" Peter tries to lighten the mood as Kate moves away from me. "Em ... yeh so ... see you at lunch?" She asks with a half smile. "Yeh ... see you at lunch" I smile watching her drop my hand and walk away with Yelena. "Well that was fucking awkward" Peter scoffs as I push myself off the locker. "How am I meant to stand on one side and go against my girlfriend who is on the other side?" I groan walking down the hallway. "Let's just hope they come peacefully and we don't have to actually fight them ... Yelena and Kate scare the shit out of me" he whispers as we approach our classroom. "Tell me about it" I groan pushing open the door and walking inside.

Kate's PoV

"Well ... that was awkward" Yelena groans as we sit in our American history class. I nod not actually knowing what to say about the situation... Evan and I decided we wouldn't bring anything avengery... into our relationship. Is avengery even a word? But how can we just say nothing and not let this be a thing? I can't physically hurt Evan and I mean I hope she doesn't physically hurt me ... she wouldn't. "So we have to meet cap at the airport?" Yelena asks again as I quietly nod. "Just to make sure that him and Bucky make it on that plane and out of here" I nod again with my eye sight glued to the table. "Kate? Can you say something please?" She groans nudging my arm. "This is going to hurt our relationship isn't it?" I say quietly as yelenas face softens. "Mine and yours? Never" she smiles as I look at her "I can't say Kate ... it depends on how all this plays out I guess". I sigh turning my gaze back to the table "it's you and Evan Kate ... you're as sickening as it is ... meant to be together". My phone buzzes in my pocket, bringing it out I notice a message from Evan...