The outside looking in

Evan's pov

You'd think waking up this morning would be incredible. I mean last night I fell asleep with the girl that I've had the biggest crush on since I dunno forever !! But when I woke up she was gone. When I first started to waken I reached out and felt nothing but cold sheets on my palm. Confused I turned round to grab my glasses of my night stand and place them on my face to look for Kate. The small pile of folded clothes that she wore last night being the only indication that she was actually here. I look down and release a disappointed sigh. I feel like I set myself up for disappointment, I mean there's no way that Kate
Bishop and I were ever going to be anything other than acquaintances. I decide to get myself up out of bed to get ready for school.

After a quick shower and a fresh change of clothes, I grab my school bag and leave my room. When I get to the kitchen I'm even more confused. Every morning like clockwork... I get up come through at the same time and Peter is sitting at the kitchen table on his second bowl of cereal. But this morning ... no Peter. I drop my bag down on the kitchen chair, having a quick scan of the kitchen/living room before making my way towards his bedroom. When I get to his bedroom door I knock because let's face it there's definitely things I don't want to see. No reply. Weird. I open the door slightly and poke my head in but again nothing. I don't think he's even slept here. What the hell is going on.

I had no Peter to chat to on the bus today and after me repeatedly calling him I still was none the wiser to where he was. So I sat quietly listening to music through my headphones and played with my phone. A news notification pops down on my phone with the heading 'Oscorp industries break in'. I click on the link and briefly read over article. Turns out during an evening tour someone stole a spider? Why on earth would you steal a spider? Of all things. My mind ramble is cut short by the bus coming to a stop outside the school. "Thanks Mr Wilson" "where's your partner in crime?" The older man asks me as I decent down the stairs. "No idea mr Wilson." I shout back feeling people pushing behind me.

I make it into school dodging the other students who clearly don't care and would rather walk into me than move to the side. My locker comes into view along with something I definitely didn't expect to see. Yelena, Pietro, MJ, Ned, Kate and Peter all suspiciously talking in the hallway. Whispering to each other and looking over their shoulders making sure nobody is around. Yelena catches me looking at them. She says something to them all which causes them all to look at me now. Kate stands next to Yelena as she crosses her arms and watches me. I've made my way to my locker when my brother turns round "Evan, Evan oh my god sorry Evan I ..... slept over at .... Ned's and didn't think to tell you. I'm sorry I'm so sorry". Whilst my brother is rambling, my eyes are scanning over his body. Has he grown a couple of inches since last night? I reach forward and poke his stomach.... Has he ... magically muscled up since last night? I'm utterly confused. I look up at him and point to his face "Pete ... where's your glasses?". Panic flashes across his face as he starts stuttering. "He em ... he got laser surgery last night" Ned chirps in and smiles like he's covered up their clear lie. I'm not stupid I know somethings going on. "Mhm ok" I mumble and turn round to grab my books out of my locker. They all seem pleased at my reaction and think that I've bought into the bullshit they just fed me. They all slowly start to disperse to their own classes. "So we good?" I turn round to see Peter standing there with Kate behind him. I can see Kate's hanging about to talk to me but I just can't today. I feel left out of whatever they are up to and I just can't. "Yeh I'm fine. I need to go to class though. See yous later" I smile at them and begin to leave. "Evan please can we talk?" Kate desperately asks me as I walk past them. "Can't got to get to class. Don't want to be late" I replied before turning away from them and heading to class.

Time skip

Time skip

That was now a week ago. Everything's changed. Peter spends most of his time out. We never hang out anymore. He's never here. Even ned is nowhere to be seen. They spend most of their time together at Ned's house or locked up in peters room. Kate kept trying to speak to me but I kept brushing her off. I don't like the fact they all are lying to me. They had their party a couple of days ago. Yelena kept nagging me to go but I refused every time. I did hear flash was put out of the party which lightened my very dampened mood. Right now we are sitting in math class about to start the test we have all been studying for. "Ok everyone your time starts now and you have one hour, once you're done you can leave the classroom and head to the library for the rest of the lesson. Good luck" mr Conway gives everyone a thumbs up before sitting at his desk.

It took me 40 minutes to complete my test. I looked over it quickly before standing up and handing it into the teacher. Mr Conway smiled at me and nodded towards the door whilst placing his finger over his mouth. I turn round and walk out of the classroom, making my way to the library. Pulling out my physics homework I hear the library door open meaning someone else has finished. I turn my attention back to my homework "Please can you talk to me" kate asks as she stands at the table. "So yous can all lie to me some more?" I whispered not lifting my gaze. "Evan .... I want to tell you but I can't. I wanted to be there when you woke up" "yeh but you weren't were you. I was an idiot to think you wanted to be my friend" I cut her off feeling emotional, the volume of my voice raising. "I don't want to be just your friend evan I want..." Kate begged before someone came into the library. We both stopped and looked at Ned walking in eating a doughnut. Both of us now standing looking at Ned. He looks at the both of us clearly unaware to the tension as he lifts his bag of doughnuts "want one?". Kate runs her hand down her face clearly frustrated "Ned now's not really the time". "Can Evan Parker please report to the principals office immediately" I look at Kate briefly before collecting my things. Kate looks at me defeated "Evan? Please". Before I head towards the library exit I turn to Kate "yous are all lying to me. Even my brother. So until yous can tell me the truth then please stay away from me".

"Evan I need your answer about school" Principal Morita asks me as he leans back in his chair

"Evan I need your answer about school" Principal Morita asks me as he leans back in his chair. Before replying, I look out the window. I had given this a lot of thought over the week. And honestly till the last couple of days I had been leaning towards staying here. Here I had my brother. I had Ned. I had Kate. But now I barely see Peter. Ned clearly has other things going on, he's always typing on a laptop. And Kate ... I don't have Kate. They are all lying to me. It's like they are all part of a group and I'm the outsider looking in. "I'd like to go to Staten Island tech" I looked up at mr Morita with my answer. "Ok I'll get on the phone to them now. These transfers move quite quickly Evan. You may even be there next week. But I'll organise a meeting with your aunt May and we can get everything underway. Before you go are you 100% sure?" He leans across the table to give me his full attention. "Yes mr Morita. I'm sure" I smile at him tightlipped as he stands. "Very well Evan. You'll do amazing things. I'll be in touch when everything's finalised" I stand up and make my way to the door "thank you mr Morita" he smiles back at me as I open and close the door behind me.