Together

Kates pov

"Ok guys your cute I get it but Kate we need Evan for a little bit just to take her to medical ok?" Tony interrupts my time with Evan. Still holding Evan in my arms I turn and glare at Tony. "You couldn't just give us I dunno 30 minutes?" I roll my eyes whilst turning away from Tony and back to Evan. It's odd looking up at Evan, I always used to look down at her. I kinda like the fact she's a couple of inches taller than me now and don't get me started on the muscles. Evan has bulked out, long gone the extremely cute but scrawny kid. Evan also doesn't need to wear glasses anymore, her glasses were cute, I will miss her glasses. "Hi mr stark" evan looks at Tony whilst lifting a hand off my hip to wave at him. "Hello Evan, we can properly be introduced whilst you get your medical. Which we should go to. There's also a certain twin brother who is itching to see you" Tony smiles, shit I forgot about Peter. "Can Kate come too?" Evan asks whilst looking at stark. Tony sighs "ok Kate can come, but on the other side of the glass ok? That way you can still see her but she will stay in the room with me. It's just you and doctor cho that need to be in the room" Tony points towards the door. I feel Evan dropping her arms , I turn my head to give her a small kiss. She smiles instantly as my hand interlocks with hers and we follow Tony up to the med bay.

Evan's pov

"Ok Evan, this is like a ct scan, so if you can lie on the table for me?" Dr cho points to a table in the middle of the room. A big machine leaning over the top of it. Looking at the table makes me panic... why am I panicking. My breathing starts to pick up along with my heart rate. "Evan?" Dr cho asks me as she reaches out to touch my arm. I'm starting to hyperventilate whilst looking at this table. It reminds me of what happened. I feel like I can't breathe. "Evan?" Dr Cho asks again. "Stark she's having a panic attack" I hear the faint voice of doctor cho, who in the background seems to be running around. My eyes fully trained on the table, flashing back to images of the table Bucky used to strap me too. "Evan? Baby? Evan look at me" that beautiful voice. "Evan? Please look at me" my focus shifts from the table to Kate. "That's right, look at me baby. We are right here in the compound. You and me. Breathe with me baby .... In ..... and .... Out" I close my eyes and follow her instruction. Listening to Kate's calming voice. "In and out. That's good baby, you're doing so good. Stark she's not going on that table, get it out of here. Baby can you sit on the floor with me?" Kate directs her attention back to me. I slowly nod as I sit down on the floor. Kate places herself in between my legs, with her legs hanging over my left leg. "That's really good Kate her vitals are coming back down, keep her calm" dr Cho praises my beautiful girlfriend. Wait is Kate still my girlfriend? I mean I know we didn't break up but it has also been ... how long's it been? "What tests do you need to do to her?" Kate asks the doctor whilst she wraps her left arm round me, her hand in my hair. "We can just do the necessities today. A blood test, a blood pressure test and I'll have a quick listen to her heart and lungs then we can progress up to other tests. Does that sound ok Evan? Dr Cho asks me, I nod my head which is fully snuggled into Kate's neck. "Ok perfect, Evan I need you to remove some of your suit so I can place the stethoscope on your back, can you do that for me?" I look up to doctor Cho and nod as I start to unclip.

Kate's PoV

I move back slightly so Evan can take her top off. Evan unclips a strap from around her torso and her arm and drops them to the ground. She then pulls apart the collar of her suit as she glides the zip all the way down to her waist. I had never seen Evan topless before so I'm trying not to look. Try being the obvious word. I moved my head to look the other way as Evan pushes the suit off her shoulders. Leaving her sitting in nothing but a sports bra on her top. Dr Cho starts walking to Evan and I notice a blush covering her cheeks. "Evan this'll .... just be a ... a little bit cold ok? It won't take long tho" dr Cho stutters which honestly just enrages me. "Kate?" I hear Evan whisper to me. As I turn my head to look at her, I can't help myself. My eyes scan her body and I silently curse myself for getting turned on right now. Even sitting down I can see her abs, those arms, I just want to ... "Kate?" "Mhm yeh you ok?". Flustered I look up at Evan who just looks so innocent right now but also really tired. "How long have I been gone?" She whispers too me, her eyes glued to mine. I hate the fact that doctor Cho and Tony are here right now. "About 10 months. You'll be 18 soon Evan" I sadly smile at her as her face drops. "Your back now and that's all that matters" I cup her face bringing her gaze up to mine. Dr Cho moves onto the blood test as Evan leans her head against my shoulder again. Her left arm reaching up over my knee. The muscle in her arm fully on display and her hands ... Kate stop.