Ill open up to you

Evan's pov

"Sooooo.... Have you replied yet?" Peter asks me whilst we sit on the school bus. I throw my head back and huff again "no Peter! What on earth am I supposed to reply to her? She probably wasn't expecting a reply anyway!" I rant whilst looking at the message for the hundredth time.  "If she didn't want you to message her then why would she message you? She obviously got your number for a reason ev" Peter tries to boost me up as he nudges my shoulder to look at him. I peal my gaze away from the bus interior and turn to my brother "there's no way. She was just being polite mate" I shake my head and focus back on the road. "If you say so, anyway I'm pretty sure Flash would beat you to a pulp if he thought anything was going on with you and Kate" I nod my head agreeing with my brother as the school comes into view. "I don't get it though how can you call dibs on someone? Something I understand but a person? Not that I think I'd ever have a chance with her" the bus comes to a stop so we stand up and throw our bags on our backs as we make our way off the bus. "Thanks Mr Wilson" "yeh thanks mr Wilson, see you later" we both wave to the bus driver before stepping past him. Mr Wilson has been our bus driver for ... a really long time and a few times he's waited a few extra minutes till we are on the bus. "Bye you two, see yous in a few hours! Learn something" he always shouts the same thing back to us. "You know what would be nice? A full day of not bumping into .... Flash" right as peters about to say his name ... he appears. "Dork and girl dork! How are we both today? Oh wait that would require me to give a shit" he laughs as he turns round and fist pumps his guys. His focus then ends up on me ... lucky ... me ... "girl Parker ... I hear your sitting with Kate in math class ? So do me a favour and get her to go on a date with me... or ... I'll just make your life a living hell until I dunno graduation?" I look to my brother who is standing slightly in front of me... panicked because even I know Kate absolutely despises Flash. "Look mate that's not really" "I'm not your mate Parker so if I were you I would..." flash cuts off Peter and suddenly our get together has more arrivals to the party. "He would what Flash?" The beautiful angelic voice of Kate bishop causes everyone else to fall silent, including Flash. "Oh Kate! I was just chatting with Evan and Peter here... apologising for how i have been to them. Hoping that we can be friends and do friend things for each other" he says this whole sentence with such sarcasm until the end when he looks at me with a pointed look. My hands now balled into a fist, not to punch Flash but simply so the pain of my finger nails cutting into my palm distracts me enough so I don't cry. "Evan is that true?" Kate's full focus now on me ... along with everyone else gathered outside the school. I definitely feel a panic attack coming on as my palms start to sweat... I grab a hold of the back of peters top, looking between Flash and Kate... two very different expressions. Flash is giving me a look telling me to play along or else ... Kate's giving me a look like she wants me to open up to her and tell her the truth. Which i should have done but instead I nodded repeatedly before I shoved my face into peters back to block everyone out. The bell then rings indicating the start of school so most people disappear into the building. "Flash that better be true or the party invitation to the tower will quickly be revoked" Kate points at flash who holds his hands up in surrender. My hands are still clutched to my brother as my breathing picks up and I'm zoning out. Great. Peter knows me and what to do when I get freaked out like this so without another look to anybody he pulls me along and into the building.

 Peter knows me and what to do when I get freaked out like this so without another look to anybody he pulls me along and into the building