Chapter 30

The storm was the worst it had been all day, the rain got so loud sometimes you couldn't even think. The usually impeccably clean kitchen in Luke and Charlotte's house had a bunch of dishes in the sink. The kitchen was full of mess and clutter. Luke looked into a pot of pasta he was trying to cook, he grabbed a spoon and tried to stir it but the pasta was burnt and stuck to the bottom of the pot.

"Fuuuuuuck... Uhh." Luke stuttered. He was really trying to cook for Felix but it wasn't really going as planned.

Luke opened the freezer draw in the fridge and pulled out a bag of chicken nuggets. He poured the nuggets onto a baking sheet and sat on top of the stove. Luke opened a bag of chips and tipped it into a big bowl. He took that bowl and a few more bowls of different candy and snacks into the living room. Where he put them on the coffee table. He ran out of the living room and back through into the kitchen.

The tray of frozen chicken nuggets was still sitting on the stove. Luke opened the oven and pulled out a tray of sausage rolls, he put it onto a tea towel that was on the bench. He took the tray of chicken nuggets and put it in the oven. He sighed and tried to relax now that the food was almost ready. He dumped out as much of the pasta as he could and dumped the dirty pot into the sink which he filled with water to forget about.

The doorbell rang.

"Yo! It's freezing out here!" Jordans voice from outside called.

Luke ran into the entryway. He opened the door showing that Jordan was there. Jordan came in and shut the door behind him.

"It won't stop fucking raining!" Jordan exclaimed. He took his shoes and jacket off and left them by the door.

They both went back into the kitchen.

"What the fuck happened here?! Why does this kitchen look like your bedroom... if a chef had a seizure?" Jordan said, he looked quite proud of his description.

"I tried making pasta, it's Felix's favourite food, his mum used to make it for him, but I burnt the pasta. I'm really worried about him." Luke explained.

"How the fuck do you burn pasta, you literally just put it in water."

Luke and Jordan went into the living room and sat on the big couch.

"I'm worried about you. Felix is making your life harder." Jordan continued.

"You don't know what you want, but I found what I've always wanted. Now that I have it, I'm not letting it go." Luke said. He was determined to keep this relationship.

Jordan smiled at Luke's determination, although he had scene how much he love Felix it didn't stop him from worrying about whether he was remembering to take care of himself.

"And I guess the blow jobs aren't too bad either." He said, tilting his head. Jordan was trying to find some middle ground between supporting and helping.

Luke smiled and chuckled lightly.

"Yeah well...." Luke said, his voice was dull and sad.

Jordan looked at Luke, examining the emotion in his eyes.

"What?" Jordan asked.

"I think he's depressed. He said that he feels like there is no point anymore. He sleeps all day. He can't really move because all his ribs are broken." Lukes face just got sadder and sadder as he spoke.

"Where is he?" Jordan questioned.

"He went up to my room a while ago, he said he was going to get changed but he probably fell asleep." Luke said. It was quite a while ago. About an hour at this point.