Chapter 29

The storm was still ramping up, it was only mid-day but it looked like it was nighttime outside. Felix was sleeping on the couch, he was very settled. Luke opened the front door and walked into the living room through the kitchen. Felix opened his eyes at the sound of the front door closing. Felix propped himself up as he pulled himself from his slumber.

"What time is it?" Felix yawned.

"It's only twelve." Luke replied. He wandered into the living room and lent on the wall.

"Why does it look like it's ten PM? Why are you home?" Felix questioned, he was rubbing his eyes.

"There's a huge thunderstorm coming, well I guess it's already here. We got sent home early. Did you get my text, Nates pissed you haven't responded to his texts. He's really worried about you. Invite him over." Luke said.

He probably shouldn't have said, pissed off, but Luke was just fed up with his day. Felix sat up and pulled out his phone.

"I think it would be good for you to see someone other than me and Charlotte."

"I don't want him to see me. Imagine what he thinks right now." Felix said with sadness.

"He doesn't care."

Luke came over and sat down next to Felix.

"He's only upset that you haven't responded to his messages, I talked to him, he doesn't give a shit about you being with me.. Just invite him over, I already told Charlotte to bring Vanessa and I'll text Jordan. We'll get snacks and watch a movie, it'll make you feel better." Luke explained.

He didn't want to force Felix to hang out with people but Luke knew he needed to.

The thunder outside rumbled. Felix clenched his eyes shut. Luke put his arms around Felix holding him tightly. The squeeze was so tight it kinda hurt Felix's ribs but the comfort of being held was more than the pain.

"I'm sorry I've been so horrible, I'm trying to do better. I just feel like there is no point anymore." Felix said, it was much easier to talk about it when Felix couldn't see that Luke was looking at him.

"I know, I know. I'm not going anywhere."

It seemed that Charlotte's talk with Felix earlier that morning helped. And the fact that Felix's feelings were now coming from Felix, Luke was able to better understand and accept that Felix was in a very dark place. He understood why but he had only just now grasped how bad the situation was.

Luke puts his hand on Felix's chin and lifts it. He looked deep into Felix's eyes and kissed him.

"I love you." Felix exclaimed.

"I love you too." Luke smiled.

----

The thunder rumbled louder than the close to hail rain. The dinner table at Kits house was set for three. It had bowls of different foods and toppings spread out. Mr. Geraffi was sitting at the head of the table. To the right of him a frail blond woman Kit had never seen before was sitting beside him.

Kit ran down the stairs. Kit was very focused on the thought in her mind and hardly noticed the woman.

"Is it ok if I stay the night at Bellas after dinner?" She asked.

She had gone back to her house after school today, her and her dad were both pretending nothing had happened, but of course Kit was ready to get back to the comfort of Bella's house as soon as possible.

"Kit say hello to our guest." Mr. Geraffi said.

Kits eyes met the woman's face, she stared at her but said nothing.