Chapter 20

The events of yesterday left Charlotte with so many emotions. She felt horrible but she also felt powerful. She didn't think she should feel bad Luke totally deserved it, but she did out Felix. But she hardly even mentioned him. People should hate Luke, He's the one that made this issue. Charlotte knew her brother but she hardly knew Felix. With the information she had she had assumed that Felix probably didn't even want to sleep with Luke, like maybe he was gay or whatever but that doesn't necessarily mean that Luke would've been his first choice. He was probably just confused and then tall muscly Luke came along at that party and slept with him. Of course Charlotte didn't know the truth. She was so hurt she just made assumptions, talking to Luke would help her to understand that he did do something wrong but not nearly as much as she thought, but she wasn't in the mood to talk to him.

Yesterday's events led to some not great choices. Charlotte's room had a few wine bottles on the floor. Her room was messy, it looked like she had tried on everything in her closet. Vanessa and Charlotte were sleeping on the bed partially in and partially out of the sheets, they were tangled amongst each other. Charlotte had mascara all over her face from crying.

Charlotte's phone alarm buzzed.

"Fuck off." Charlotte mumbled.

Vanessa pressed the button to stop the alarm. Charlotte groaned. The pain of having to get up hitting her.

"We have school in twenty minutes." Vanessa said, she looked less hungover.

Charlotte's face changes from disappointment to being very very awake. She quickly got up and stumbled her way out of the bed and into her bathroom. She fell onto the cold emerald tiles, hunched over the toilet and vomited. Vanessa sat up, she grabbed a jumper from the mess of clothes on the floor and put it on, she picked up an empty wine bottle. Tipping it upside down to check if there was anything left.

"How much did we drink?"

Charlotte came back out of the bathroom and slumped back onto the bed. Vanessa passed Charlotte a glass of water from the bedside table. She took a sip. The water was a few days old, and you could tell. It had little bits of floating dust and tasted gross. Charlotte opened the draw of the bedside table.

"Someone took my aspirin. It was probably Luke, he takes everything else from me." She said with a sigh.

"We can skip." Vanessa suggested, she knew how bad Charlotte felt. Vanessa felt like it was her fault, she told her about Luke and Felix.

"No, we have cheer today." Charlotte said firmly. "Luke!! I want my aspirin back! Or I'll tell mum you're buying weed again!" Charlotte screamed.

The girls waited a few moments for a reply. Charlotte rolled her eyes with no surprise when he didn't reply.

"Did he even come home last night?"

The two left the room, took two steps across the hallway and went into Luke's room. They wandered in and started looking around shifting things and looking under stuff. Luke's room was so disorganised he probably wouldn't even notice all the stuff they were moving.

"He's not here." Vanessa sighed.

"And neither is my aspirin."

"Isn't he supposed to be taking care of you?" Vanessa asked.

"Who? Luke? No, my mum just said that because he's older, but I take way more care of him than he takes of me... There's some in the kitchen" Charlotte's anger against her brother turned to guilt. She had been guilty the whole time but she covered it with the anger she thought she felt. She was embarrassed not angry.

----

Felix was laying in a bed in the ICU. He was intubated and wearing a hospital gown, he had a cast on his left arm and his right eye was swollen shut. He was hooked up to lots of machines and tubes. A nurse walked up to the glass sliding door Luke followed her.