Chapter 1

The room was pink and girly with a double bed, Vanity, large mirror, Closet and a private bathroom connected. The space was big and luxurious. Harry Styles posters covered the walls. Along with fake vines and some records.

(Matilda by harry styles playing) Charlotte, a girl with shoulder length blond hair, wearing pink satin pyjamas with fluffy pieces around the cuffs, laid asleep in bed. The light coming through the window lit up her pale yet tanned skin. Her phone alarm buzzed loudly. She put her arm out and fumbled the things on her nightstand as she tried to turn it off. She finally succeeded in turning off her alarm and dragging herself out of bed. She walked into her bathroom.

When she came out of the bathroom she was wrapped in a towel. She walked over to her window and opened the curtains to see dark clouds and rain (music stops abruptly). Her happiness suddenly fading. She walked to her mirror, she slid on wide legged jeans and a tight bright pink long sleeve ribbed shirt. She turned and looked outside and frowned once more, before putting on a fleece jacket and pulling at the collar positioning it just right. She sadly walked over and slumped herself onto the ottoman at her vanity. She started applying her makeup, carefully checking that it was perfect. The door opened and Luke, a tall, muscular boy with fluffy brown hair walked in abruptly, surprising Charlotte.

"What the hell Lukas!" Charlotte exclaimed in a fright.

"I'm waiting for you." He complained.

"Well just give me a minute." Charlotte whined with frustration.

Charlotte rummaged through the draws in her vanity, searching for something special. She huffed and got more stressed in her movements as she couldn't find it.

"You've had ten," Luke said, rolling his eyes. "What are you looking for anyway?" He continues questioning why she was so concerned about whatever she was missing.

"Ugh!" She yelled as she slammed the draw of her vanity shut. "I can't find my Harry Styles palette!"

"Oh, it's in my room." Luke said unfazed.

"You took it again?!" Charlotte exclaimed with disappointment.

In response Luke raised both his hands, and walked out of the room backward keeping his puppy eyes looking at Charlotte.

"Why are you trying so hard anyway?!" Luke yelled from down the hall.

Luke walked back in a few moments later with a makeup palette, he handed it to Charlotte. Charlotte looked at Luke and smiled, before she opened it and dipped into a sparkly tan colour.

"Are you serious?" Luke said not understanding her desire, "you and Felix have been hanging out for weeks. He's way out of your league, he hasn't even plucked up the courage to kiss you yet."

"He said he wanted to hang out again. Tonight's the night. I know it." Charlotte said hopefully.

Charlotte dusted her face off and took one final look before getting up. She gathered her things for school and started picking clothes off the floor, frantic with the thought of Felix seeing her room messy.

"The maid's coming today, leave it. We gotta go." Luke said with hurried frustration.

Charlotte grabbed her school bag, and swung it over one shoulder. Luke put his arm around Charlotte's neck leaning down due to their hight different.

----

The school's courtyard was average looking, stairs led up to a circular space with a water fountain in the middle. The ground was brick and had weeds and moss growing between them. The sky was gloomy, and teenagers were scattered throughout the courtyard. It had paths leading to the different parts of the school.