Chapter 13

The fog wasn't too bad so you couldn't see it through the third floor window of the science classroom. Their class was filled with students. Felix sat next to Nate. Felix looked around fidgeting with his pencil. He picked at the rubber on the end, leaving pink flecks all over the benches. His thoughts replayed, everything that had happened earlier this morning was still freaking him out. Felix looked around and set his eyes on Nate.

"Did you know Luke smokes weed?" Felix asked. Desperate to talk about his feelings.

"Um yeah. He smokes all the time." Nate said. He thought it was common knowledge.

"Am I the only one who didn't know that?"

"I can't believe you never noticed. I mean the smell of alcohol is pretty strong, but..." He says. "He gets it from Hugo." Nate finished.

"Hugo?" Felix questioned.

"That scrawny little twig in year 12." Nate replied.

"Yeah, I know who he is." Felix said with disgust.

"Most people had put it together seeing as Hugo deals to like half the school." Nate said, surprised Felix hadn't noticed.

"I've never seen them together." Felix said, realising that's who Luke had been talking to that morning.

"Really? Well I can get some for you if-." Nate tried to offer.

"No. No, I don't want any." Felix interrupted as fast as he could.

"Okay." Nate said, confused by his determination. "Oh and by the way Vanessa is having a party tonight. You can come." Nate said, breaking the tension.

Nate and Felix never fought, they always had the same ideas and morals.

"Okay." Felix said, his mind still elsewhere.

"You should bring Charlotte." Nate suggested.

He had already left when what happened, happened, yesterday.

"I told her I wasn't interested. She did not take it well. She hates me." Felix said.

He thought that he had ruined everything with one conversation. He didn't hate Charlotte, he liked her even. He just didn't want to be her boyfriend.

"Well it's fine my hot girlfriend wants nothing to do with me either." Nate said. He secretly wanted Felix to ask but he was far too wrapped up in his own problems to notice.

"She's not my girlfriend, she pretends I don't exist." He exclaimed.

The bell rang, ending their conversation as they quickly packed their things away.

"Alright everyone, work on your hypothesis at home and get to your next classes." Mr. White got out before the kids left.

A rush of kids came into the hallway from a bunch of different classes, Nate and Felix were among them.

"What do you have next?" Nate asked.

"English"

"I got social studies, meet you in the cafeteria."

Nate ran down the hall, knowing his class was on the other side of the school.

----

Felix had made it to his next class. The fog had begun lifting but it was pouring down now. Luke was sitting at a set of desks, and Felix walked in. He wasn't late, Luke was just early for some reason.

Felix wandered over and sat down next to Luke. He knew he had to sit with him but he was still questioning if he wanted to after this morning. He didn't know how to feel, he just wanted to be close to him. It was a different feeling than before though, he didn't feel as safe.