Chapter 15

Adrian's pov

I was in the car with my beta and a few guards, on the way to school, when my delta had mind linked me saying there were rogues on the riverside along with my mate.

"Alpha, I got some good news and bad news. Which you want first?" Billy said.
"Give me the bad news first."
"Well there's rogues at the riverside."
"Okay, give me the good news."
"Your mate is there."

'Your mate is there at the riverside' was going through my head like I don't know how many times until it clicked in. I growled loud making the guard that was driving to stop.

"Alpha?"
"Get to the riverside now."
"Why?" Ryan asked.
"Cris is there and so are rogues." I growled.

The guards growled then got out of the car as Ryan and I got out and shifted. Once we did, we ran like hell to the river side to get to my mate. God if they touch her, if anything happens to her I'm gonna kill everything that I see.
When we got there, I saw Cris sitting there then I saw the rogues coming towards her. Just as I kicked it up a speed Cris stood up and looked at the rogues.
God baby run, don't just stand there. Do something. I kept saying in my head.
That's when I took my chance and jumped over her and landed in front of her. And I wasn't the only one that jumped over her either, Ryan was synced with me. He stood next to me right in front of her to protect her. He made me happy to keep his Luna, my mate safe.
I could hear her heartbeat slowing down some since we showed up. She was scared but calmed down once I got there, just for her.
The one rogue that was facing us, kept looking at her like she was a prize or something until I growl at him but the next thing I did expect was his ugly ass attacking me making each side of wolves fight. The good thing was, we were winning the fight. The grey rogue was down within seconds and the others were hurt but ran away whining. I had torn the grey wolf's neck out showing the others who was boss. I just felt sorry for Cris having to witness all of that. I wanted to shift right then and there to comfort her but I know I would scare the shit out of her even more.

"Alpha, your mate." One of the guards said.

I turned around and saw Cris sitting next to the car, on the ground. She was freaking out in the inside, I could see it.
I looked over at her once I had killed the rogue then looked at Ryan for a moment then spit out the flesh. Ryan looked over at her then the others. Like they were scared of what she was gonna do. But I as I looked at her I mind linked the guards to take the rogue away from here for Cris's sake. The I walked over to her. Ryan went off along with the guards to get the car but I didn't care.
I sat next to her and whined to get her attention. She looked at me and smiled some before lifting her hand up and started petting me. I could feel sparks and tingles from the bond. It made me feel better that she was okay. And I could feel and hear that she was calming down more now that I was here.

"Thank you for coming along. I thought I was a goner. I only came here to get away from the city. And to understand these dreams I've been having. The crazy thing is they're about you and my boyfriend and this woman that keeps telling me to take them as a warning whatever that means. The crazy fucked up thing is, in my dream you turn into a man." She said laughing. "But not just any man. Someone I know. I know I'm crazy. Wolves don't turn into men and there's not such thing is a creature that sucks blood or me having powers. I'm human. I'm normal, if that's even a thing anymore." She said.

When she said that, I gasped at what she said. Could it be the moon goddess telling her who I was. And what she meant by creatures sucking blood and her having powers? Adam was confused as I was. I'm gonna have to the guys about this.
She huffed as she took a deep breath as she leaned her head against the car hitting it a few times. I growled at her when she kept hitting her head. When I did, she jumped looking around to see if anyone or anything was close by. But there wasn't one around but us.
I whined at her.

"I wish you could talk back to me and tell me I'm crazy. But I have to be crazy, talking to you, a wolf like dog." She said then got up.

I got up and looked at her to see what she was gonna do then she went to her car and opened the door. She got in, shut the door and started the car. That gave me the idea she was leaving so I left myself. I was worried about her. I thought about shifting right there and call out her name to tell her what she said was true. Wolves do turn into men. And that she did know me, I was her mate and I wanted to hold her and tell her she's not crazy.
As I got back to the car where Ryan drove close to here, once I shifted and out some clothes on, I got in the car and we headed to school. As we were driving there, I thought about what she told me.

"Vampires ." I said out loud.
"What?" Ryan asked.
"Cris told me something back there after you left. The moon goddess is talking to her in her dreams telling her about me and shit. Something about creatures sucking blood which meant vampires but what I don't get is she has powers. Is she a witch?"
"A witch? But we would've sense that." Ryan said.
After school you and Billy get to work on anything you can find out about witches and vampires. See if there's any here."

Ryan nodded and pulled into the parking lot of the school. School wasn't far from the pack but it wasn't close to the city either. It was in the country where all wolves go to from all packs. There's some humans in the school but those are the ones that are mates to the wolves or work for them like familiars.
There's some other shifters that go here but they stay to themselves and have their own classes but once in a while they have some of us all mixed together in one class to learn about each other. That's one quarter of the semester.