Chapter 4

After being out on the river for a few hours, we all got out to eat and of course drink some more. A truck pulled up about an hour ago with a whole lot of boys and guess what they brought, coolers of beer and drinks and of course a keg. No one was really drinking until the sun started going down and that's when the party really started booming.
Some of the guys got a big ass fire going in the middle of the grounds and turned on there radio full blast to whatever came on their phone. One of the guys that was sitting on their tailgate filling red solo cups up turned on a great county song; Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith. Everyone started singing to it once they got a red solo cup with beer in it.
Of course all the girls were dancing and acting wild. Of course I was one of them. Lilly and I were grinding on one another, messing around with the twins. Which Kenny got the kicks out of it when both Lilly and I was grinding on him. Jenny recorded it on her phone and sending it to me and Lilly.
I was having so much fun, until I had to go to the bathroom. I walked over to where the bathrooms were. While I was walking over there, I thought I heard growling near by but I wasn't thinking anything about it. By the time I got to the bathroom, I got in locked the door and hurried up to pee. Once I was done, I walked out to head back to the party. As I was walking back, I heard the growling again. So I turned around and looked in the trees to see if I saw anything but it was so damn dark I couldn't see shit. And I didn't have my phone with me either.
I stood there for a few minutes until I said something.

"Is anyone out there. If there is please show yourself. Lilly is that you? Kenny? Jenny?" I called out to my friends to see if it was them.

But nothing.
I heard a noise like whatever it was took off because I heard a twig snap like someone stepped on it. When I heard that, I turned around and sped walk back to the party. When I turned around to make sure nothing was following me. When I didn't see shit, I turned back around and ran into Kenny. I screamed a little bit but no one really heard me over the music.

"You okay?" He asked me. 
"Yeah, I thought I heard something in the woods when I was by the bathrooms. I forgot my phone to use for a flashlight, figured the flames were high and bright enough to see my way over there and back." I told Kenny.
Kenny looked off towards the woods behind me. "I don't see anything. Maybe you had too much to drink." He told me. "Why don't you go in our tent and get some sleep. I'm pretty sure the rest of us will be in there soon."
I nodded. "Okay." I said at first. "Will you lay next to me?" I asked him.
"Of course. If I can." Kenny told me as he walked me towards our tent. Once we got to the tent, he unzipped it for me and helped me inside. "I'll be in here in a few hours to check on you." Kenny told me.

I nodded then laid down on my bedding and watched him zip up the tent and walked away. I didn't even bother covering myself up. I was nice out, not too cool nor hot.
As I was laying there, trying to sleep but sleep wasn't taking me over. So I just laid there and waited for Kenny to come back to the tent. As I was lying there, I thought I heard growling once again. I looked around the tent to see if I saw shadows close by but I didn't. Then I heard it get closer and heard twigs snapping once again. My heart was racing then. I was really scared. I sat up and held myself; I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees and rocked myself.
I've been here a million times since that attack and was never scared. I think someone else telling me to be careful is what gotten to me. Damn those guys. I said in my head.
Snap.
Snap.
I kept hearing it again. I was getting ready to unzip the tent when it was being unzipped. When it opened up, I screamed a little. It was Kenny.
He looked at me when I started to scream. He covered my mouth with his hand, once I knew it was him, he pulled me close to him to hold me.

"It was just me."
"I swore I heard twigs snapping like something was out there." I said crying a little.
"It was probably the guys. Or it could've been me walking over here."
"Maybe, it was right before you came to the tent."
"What's got you all scared all of a sudden. You used to love coming here and never were scared." Kenny asked me.
"Mr. Oaklands' nephews came to the store to get their order yesterday and brought up the animal attacks and after thinking I heard growling then the twigs I thought just maybe he was right." I told him.
"Come in, let's get some sleep. I told the girls that I was coming to bed early since you were a little scared. Lilly and Jenny understood."

I nodded and we laid down. He held me close as he could. I wasn't so scared as I was in his arms as I was before. While trying to sleep I heard the growling once again. I jumped a little but Kenny pulled me closer to him. He kissed my head and then I heard he was out. I heard soft snores coming out of him, which kinda helped me go fast asleep. I was so out of it that I'd probably won't even hear the girls come in the tent middle of the night.
I was pretty exhausted even though I've had a few too many drinks tonight. But not as much as Kenny or the girls did. I'm not usually a drinker but I will have a drink or two. But tonight was a fun night.

Rip Toby Keith, may your soul rest in peace and you will be very missed.