Chapter 10

Yesterday:

I woke up super early, couldn't sleep anymore than I wanted too. Adam and I wanted to see our mate again before she left to go back home.
So I got up walked downstairs to go out the back door and shifted. I ran to the riverside as fast as I could to see her. Once I did, I stood close to the tree until I found her.
It looked like everyone was still asleep and looked like there's less than yesterday. Guessing some people left to go back home early. I mean it is Sunday, she should be getting up and packing herself. That's when I saw movement around her tent. It was her, our mate, coming out to make her some coffee. I watched how she slowly got up and stretched and walked over to the camping stove.
She was beautiful, even with bed hair. I smiled in my head some getting a chuckle out of Adam.
Once Cris made her coffee she came over to the riverside and stood there and looked out towards my way. She couldn't really see me, but I wanted to give her a chance. Adam even agreed to that, so I walked slowly to the edge of the tree line and stood there.
I waited until she saw me and then she did. She had to do a double take on me. She looks scared, I was about to move back when Adam told me to stand my ground. Give her a chance. Which I was glad I did. She smiled some, taking me in.
She went back to get some more coffee and grabbed her chair to sit down and watch me. I decided to lay down and watch her too. It was like watching a live movie just no one else in it. Just her and her magnificent beautiful.
It felt like forever until I noticed someone walking behind her when I stood up and bolted to the tree line. It was her friend leaning down to kiss her.
Adam saw red when he saw that someone was kissing our mate. I felt hurt that she was with someone so I took off back home. I didn't want to see this, I didn't want to feel the hurt of not being able to touch my mate while someone else is doing it.

"I told you that was her boyfriend." I told Adam.
"I'm gonna kill him for touching what's ours." Adam growled in my head.
"No you're not. We're not gonna do anything. I'm just gonna reject her. We don't really need a human as our mate or our Luna."
"You reject her and you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I don't want that, we will become weak if you do."
"We're not weak, we're the most powerful wolf in the pack. 2nd to our father; the alpha." I told him as I shifted and put my clothes on.

I went inside and saw my father sitting in the living room. I bowed my head at him.

"Morning son. You're up early."
"Yeah, I couldn't sleep. So I went out for a run." I said walking over to the counter to get some coffee.
"This wouldn't be about Cris would it?" My father asked.
"What you mean?"
"I've been hearing things that you've been giving orders to the patrol around the riverside. And let me guess who's by the riverside; Cris and her friends."
"Yea so. I just want to make sure nothing happens while she's out there. For her mom's sakes." I said just as Adam spoke.
"Liar."
"Ah, would she be your mate? I see how Adam is battling you right now."
"No, she's not my mate. Even if she was she's a human. And she's already with someone." I said grinding my teeth.
"Okay, I'm going into town anyways. I've been talking to Carrie since we met."
"Cris's mom?" I questioned.
"Yes. Gonna make an excuse to go see her. I think I make her day coming in and talking to her. She looks lonely." My father said. "Hell I've been lonely. Ever since your mother left."
"I miss mom. I can't believe it's been 5 years since she was killed." I said looking down.
"I know son. I know. I think about her every single day about her. How if she was alive, how things would be right now."
"Same, well I'm gonna go shower and go to the office. I'll see you later." I told him. And done what I said.

Later on, as I was sitting in the office going through everything. Going through some of the paperwork when I got a mind link from Ryan.

"Adrian, she's in the woods." Ryan said sounding a little panic.
"What?" I said back. "Where at?"
"Just right outside the border line." Ryan said.
"Tell the patrol to stay put. Don't let her seem them. I'll be there in a few."
"She'll see you." Ryan pointed out.
"She's already seen me and isn't scared of me."
"What? When?"
"This morning. I took my chance." I said as I was running down the stairs.
"She didn't scream?"
"No."
"What if it's the mate bond. Maybe she's feeling it."
"Can't be if she's human." I told him. "I'll see you in a few. Just watch her." I said then cut the mind link.
"Going to see mate." Adam said pouncing in my head.

I shook my head as I shifted once I got out the door.
I took off towards where Ryan said where he saw her. I wanted to see her so bad and Adam was all excited as well. When I got to where Ryan said, at 1st I couldn't see her then I heard people talking so I went there. I saw her with him walking on the hiking trail. Then she stopped and bend down. The guy she was with stopped but she told him she'll catch up.
That's when I noticed she was tying her shoes so I slowly walked over to her.
As she was done tying her shoes, she stood up and turned my way where we were damn near face to face. She jumped where she was at and fell back on her ass against a tree. I just looked at her for a moment then slowly walked up to her. I had a feeling she wanted to scream but she kept her cool. Which I was very proud of her.
Once I got close to her, just a few inches from her face, I stopped and looked her all over. I was kinda hopping she would pet me, but she had a scare look on her face. To show her she was okay, I started pawing at her leg. She looked down at her leg to see why I was doing that then looked back at me.

"I don't know what you want?" She said softly.

I turned my head towards where her friend went then back at her, like I was trying to tell her something, which was why she stop for and why was she with him. But I know she couldn't understand me since I was in my wolf form. So I sat down and stared at her, more like watching her to make sure she was safe from harm. I looked into her eyes trying to read her and she was probably doing the same with me. Only if she knew whom I was. She sat up better and leaned against the tree, just watching me watch her.
After a while of us sitting there watching each other I heard someone running towards us so I got up and looked the opposite side of us and growled. When I saw it was Ryan, I stopped growling then saw her at the corner of my eye get up and got behind me.

I turned around to look at her then back at Ryan. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.
"I was trying to get a hold of you. There's rogues east of here."
"Ugh, seriously. Can't catch a break can I." I said.  That's when I heard her friend call her name.
"Crystal!" The friend called out to her.
"Shit," she said then turned around. "Coming!" She called out. "I guess I'll catch you sometime again when I come out here, ole black. Behave yourself and stop snicking up on people you hear. It will get yourself killed." She told me then went to turn to walk away.

As she turned to walk away, she tripped over a root and fell. Both Ryan and I ran up to her but I growled at Ryan to tell him to stop where he was at. I went up to her and leaned against her to helped her up. She gasped at what she saw. When she got up, she leaned down a little to brush herself off then before she stood back up, she started petting me before walking away.
Which made me happy. When we touched, I felt the tingles of the bond forming. It was like magic. I turned around and looked at Ryan then took off towards the east side to handle the rogues.

"She called us 'ole black'. She gave us a nickname. I'm in love." Adam said cheerfully.
"Me too buddy, me too." I told him.

The way she felt against my fur was amazingly awesome. It was nothing I've ever felt before from anyone. Just wish her friend or Ryan didn't mess that up. Can't wait to get to know her more, to tell her whom I am. Just hope it doesn't freak her out.