Chapter 2

The week has passed by so fast that it was already the weekend. It was Friday already and I totally forgot to ask my mother about taking this weekend off. When Lilly and I got to the store, we went to Kyle to get our snacks then went to my mother's office. We sat in there and ate and done our homework until my mother came back and told us it was ready to go.
When my mother came in, she wasn't alone. There was an older man and a young man that came in with her.

"Hi honey." She called out.

I turned around when she called me out. When I did turn around I saw who was behind her and when I saw the young man, I was wowed. He was gorgeous but I wouldn't be able to get someone like that.

"Cris this is the man I told you about a week ago."
"The big huge order?"
"Yes, do you and Lilly mind helping me load it up in their truck out back. The stuff came in little bit ago."
"Sure." I said.
"Well I can't. I just got my nails done and I don't want to mess them up." Lilly said as she put her stuff in her bag.
"That's fine. Cris and I can get them in their truck." My mother said.
"Mom, when are you gonna hire more guys." I asked as I stood up.
"I hired a few more. They'll be working this weekend. So don't worry." My mom said.
"Speaking of this weekend, Ms. Carrie. Can Crystal have this weekend off to hang out with me and a few friends. We're heading over to the riverside."
"Oh, well." My mother started to say as we got to the back garage door. "I suppose. It's supposed to be hot this weekend. Enjoy it while it lasts girls." My mom said.
"Oh thank you." I said as I hugged my mother.

I turned to look at Lilly and squealed. The older man chuckled. I turned around to look at him when I saw the younger man look kinda mad. What was his problem.
As I hopped up in the truck as my mom loaded the boxes onto the lip of the truck. Lilly and I were chatting about this weekend. Lilly brought up that she should ask some of the guys that we hang out with to come along. I told her it was a great idea. Told her we should wear our matching two piece swimsuits. She said that was a great idea.
As we talked away, I mother chuckled at some of the things we were saying. We wasn't scared to say what was on our mind with my mother. There were times my mother would talk to us like that. By the time we were done, I hopped down and me and my mother closed the back of the truck.

I walked over to Lilly and sat down and chugged some of my water. "The young man kept his eyes on you the whole time you worked." Lilly told me.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yea, I was watching him. Every time we talked about boys, he got this look on his face like he was jealous. And when you brought up our swimsuits, his face looked like it was gonna break. I think someone has a crush on you."

I laughed. I laughed so hard that the two men and my mother looked over at us. My mother shook her head then went back to the men. When I was done laughing, I looked up at them and he was looking at me again. Maybe I could pull someone off like that.

I got up and walked over to them. "Hey since you're new to the area, why don't you come along with us to the riverside?" I asked.
"Who said I was new to the area?" The young man said kinda rudely.
"Son, don't talk like that." The older man said to his son. "Sorry Cris, we're not new to the area. Just happened to move back."
"Oh, okay. I guess I'll be seeing you at school then."
"Nope. I don't go to school in town."
"What you mean?" I asked.
"Sorry again, Cris. My son forgot how to speak today." The father said giving his son a look. "What my son is trying to say it, he goes to school on the reservation where our land is. It's a small private school for those who live there."
"Oh gotcha. Well do you still want to come to the riverside?" I asked.
"I don't really come into town unless I have to."
"Well it's not in town. It's about what an hour or two drive from here?" I said looking at Lilly and my mom.
"It's actually not too far from Mr. Oakland's land." my mom said looking at the guys.
"Oh is it?" The older man said.
"Yea, it's off the i40 and i370 bond." My mom said.
"Well damn, that's right off our land then. Because the next exit is where we turn off to go to our place." The older man said.
"Oh, we didn't know y'all owned the riverside?" Lilly said.
"In a way we do. But my uncle must haven't cared if y'all were there. But just be careful though. I've heard there's been accidents there." He told us.
"Yea, a few summers ago there was a wild animal attack." Lilly said. "I wasn't there when it happened but I heard it was crazy. Someone said they found a wolf body dead, lying up against the tree line."
"Yea, it was pretty bad. So be careful with your surroundings there. You never know what's gonna pop out." The young man said.
"Well we ain't scared." Lilly said.
"Speak of yourself Lilly." I told her. "But we'll be careful. Hope to see you there, if not it's okay." I said then I grabbed Lilly's hand and went back to the office.

When we got to the office I sat down and gathered all my stuff and put it in my bag. My mother showed up a few moments later, grabbed her bag and keys then we were off to the car.
She told us the father was really sore about his son and that if they really scared us. I wasn't really scared but I was gonna take their warning though. You never know what will happen, no matter where you're at. But nothing really happens in this crazy town. But I don't wanna jinks it either.
When we got home, my mother dropped Lilly off at her house since it was dark outside already. When we got to our house, we warmed up leftovers and went our way for the night.